Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Strawberry Millefeuille

Lobo
    Lobo

Strawberry Millefeuille Empty Strawberry Millefeuille

Post by Lobo Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 am

Strawberry Millefeuille Img36l
    Strawberry Millefeuille
    ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 6
    A traditional dessert made by layering puff pastry with whipped cream, custard or other filling, millefeuille means “thousand leaves” in French. Our version, which showcases fresh strawberries, is quick to prepare as it calls for using frozen puff pastry.

Ingredients:

• 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 package), thawed according to package instructions and unfolded
    • 1 egg, lightly beaten
    • 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
    • Juice of 1/2 lemon
    • 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • Confectioners’ sugar for dusting

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375°F.

On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut in half lengthwise. Transfer the 2 rectangles to a rimmed baking sheet. Prick them evenly all over with a fork and brush with the beaten egg. Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Set aside.

In another bowl, using a whisk, whip the cream until soft peaks form.

Using a serrated knife, slice 1 rectangle horizontally to create 2 layers. Use the uncut rectangle as the base. Top with half of the whipped cream and one-third of the strawberries. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to create 2 more layers, finishing with just strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends, by Alison Attenborough and Jamie Kimm (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Related Tips

All About Strawberries

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am