Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Strawberry shortcake

Lobo

Strawberry shortcake

Post by Lobo on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm

Recipe: Strawberry shortcake

Dietitian's tip:

Shortcake is a rich, salty biscuit or yellow cake usually topped with sliced fruit and whipped cream. The biscuit in this healthier version is made with whole-wheat pastry flour and low-sodium baking powder. It's topped with fresh strawberries and plain low-fat yogurt.
Serves 8

Ingredients

[list defaultattr=]
For the shortcake:[*]1 3/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, sifted
[*]1/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour, sifted
[*]2 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium baking powder
[*]1 tablespoon sugar
[*]1/4 cup trans-free margarine (chilled)
[*]3/4 cup fat-free milk (chilled)
For the topping:
[*]6 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
[*]3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain fat-free yogurt
[/list]

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, re-sift the flours, baking powder and sugar together. Using a fork, cut the chilled margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the chilled milk and stir just until a moist dough forms.
Turn the dough onto a generously floured work surface and, with floured hands, knead gently 6 to 8 times until the dough is smooth and manageable. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 8 squares. Place the squares onto the prepared baking pan and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer the biscuits onto individual plates. Top each with 1 cup strawberries and 1 1/2 tablespoons yogurt. Serve immediately.

Nutritional analysis per serving

Serving size :1 shortcake

• Total carbohydrate 38 g
  • Dietary fiber 6 g
  • Sodium 87 mg
  • Saturated fat 1 g
  • Total fat 5 g

• Cholesterol 2 mg
  • Protein 7 g
  • Monounsaturated fat 1.5 g
  • Calories 225

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 5:55 am