Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Movement returned to it again.. The Ottoman Pasha Market in Kut.. It was a port for river trade and

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

port - Movement returned to it again.. The Ottoman Pasha Market in Kut.. It was a port for river trade and  Empty Movement returned to it again.. The Ottoman Pasha Market in Kut.. It was a port for river trade and

Post by Rocky Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:07 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Movement returned to it again.. The Ottoman Pasha Market in Kut.. It was a port for river trade and it still exists.[/size]

[size=45]Kut (Wasit) 964[/size]
    [size=45]There are conflicting stories about the date of the founding of Al-Basha Market, but what is certain is that it is the oldest in Kut, as it was established after the revival of river transport in Iraq at the end of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century, and commercial boats loaded with grains, vegetables, and goods used to dock there, to represent a stopover station, and a local port known for its trade. Early grain and wood.[/size]
    [size=45]Jassim Munshid Al-Badri - the oldest seller in the market for the 964 network:[/size]
    [size=45]I am 71 years old, and I have lived in this market since the 1960s, when I worked in a store that sold handmade furniture.[/size]
    [size=45]This market is the oldest in the city of Kut, and in its beginnings it was a market for selling wheat, barley, wool, wood, handmade furniture, and more.[/size]
    [size=45]What we know is that the market arose as a result of the boom in river transport of goods at the beginning of the last century when there were no paved roads.[/size]
    [size=45]With the expansion of roads in the mid-1960s, interest in the market declined, then it revived as a market for tailors and furnishings since the mid-1990s.[/size]
    [size=45]Most of our trades were traditional, and to sustain our business we developed products from handicrafts to imported materials to keep up with demand.[/size]
    [size=45]The market is currently experiencing a period of relative recovery after the development of the façade and the construction of a number of medical complexes on Corniche Road by a number of owners. Everyone is working despite the closure of some shops.[/size]
    [size=45]Iyad Al-Harkani - an encyclopedist from Wasit:[/size]
    [size=45]The market was established during the period of Ottoman rule, in the first quarter of the nineteenth century, and received its name from one of the pashas of the Ottoman Empire who founded it.[/size]
    [size=45]This area of ​​the city was considered a marina for ships carrying goods, and therefore a market had to be established to receive and distribute the goods.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am