Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals  Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

Grubauer not long for Captials Net. 
    February 6, 2017, 10:35 AM ET [24 Comments]
    James Tanner
     Washington Capitals  Was Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Caps won yesterday, which is not news, because they always win.  

What is news is that while it's widely known that the Capitals have one of the NHL's best goalies (Holtby) it is not well known that they also have one of the NHL's best backups. 

I heard a crazy stat the other day that the NHL's 30 teams have used like 50-something back-ups so far this year, so stability at this position cannot be overstated. 

Philipp Grubauer got his third shutout of the season yesterday when the Capitals blanked the L.A Kings 5-0.  

The Kings - especially Jeff Carter - have been hot lately, winning their five previous games. They also put 38 shots on net.  

Grubauer improved his record to 10-3-2. He has a .931 Save Percentage and three shutouts. Impressive stats for a back-up. 

He now has a a career .924 % and is only 25 years old.  

While he it is a huge benefit to the Capitals to know that if Holtby goes down, they will have a competent goalie to take over, Grubauer has got to be thinking of moving on at this point to a team where his career ascension isn't blocked. 

His contract is up after this year and I am sure he will be interested in finding a team that will let him be a starter - certainly he's earned it.  

One additional consideration: Philip Grabauer is almost certain to be selected in the expansion draft, so it may be wise for the Capitals to consider shopping him prior to the deadline.  

However: If I am the Capitals I don't care about getting something in return for Grabauer. I would rather not risk the season being over in the event of a Holtby injury just because I didn't want to miss out on a second-round pick, which is a best-case return, I would guess. 

----

The win puts the Caps three points up on the Wild for first place in the NHL, and six points on Columbus for first in the East/Metropolitan. 

Speaking of which, Metropolitan has to be the dumbest name for a division they could have possibly come up with. 

The Caps are off until Tuesday when the Hurricanes come to town.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:17 pm