Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+2
wciappetta
day dreamer
6 posters

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

day dreamer
    day dreamer
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners - Page 2 Empty Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

Post by day dreamer Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

way to go texas!!!
    flower

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

By Jim Forsyth

SAN ANTONIO | Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:31pm EST

(Reuters) - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has a message for New York gun owners: Come to Texas, and bring your guns with you.

"Texas is better than New York, and New York just gave us another excuse to say that," Abbott, a Republican, said on Thursday, after ads extolling Texas appeared on several media websites.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, signed sweeping gun-control legislation earlier this week expanding the state's ban on assault weapons and putting limits on ammunition capacity in the wake of last month's school shootings in Connecticut.

Abbott, a possible candidate for governor of Texas in next year's election, used campaign money to buy ads on websites of news organizations in New York City and Albany.

One ad says in classic Western script: "WANTED: Law abiding New York gun owners seeking lower taxes and greater opportunities."

Clicking on the ad leads to a Facebook page touting the virtues of Texas, including the fact that the state has no income tax so "you'll be able to keep more of what you earn and use that extra money to buy more ammo."

Abbott told Reuters the ads are a "way to tweak our liberal friends up in the Northeast."

"It is tongue in cheek, but there is a deeper message here," he said. "Texas really does stand as the last bastion of ultimate freedom in this country. Over the last decade, more than 4 million people moved to this state, and one reason is freedom and one reason is economic opportunity."

Abbott has said he will file a federal lawsuit to throw out any nationwide gun restrictions implemented by Congress.

A Cuomo spokesman did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/us-usa-guns-texas-idUSBRE90G1DA20130117?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

Post by Diamond Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:32 am

AAhh haa roaches new secret weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!geek
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

Post by Neno Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

Diamond wrote:AAhh haa roaches new secret weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!geek
    I was thinking the very same thing.
    Think I will go barrow one and name it,
    and get involved in those water bug race... rotfflmao!!

BTW, I call them water bugs, or sewer roaches
    cause I sure the heck have now cock roaches..
    And some of them are big enough to ride...
    notazbad2000
    notazbad2000
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by notazbad2000 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:34 pm

In Florida they call them Palmetto Bug...but we all know what they are! You know you can teach them to be butlers! LOL

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Tue 22 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm

Got a name: Pe'drow... lol
    mazzone62
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by mazzone62 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:34 pm

Yuck, can't handle them things. My one true phobia. Had enough of em when i was in the service and lived in the south and Pearl Harbor. Can't even watch em on TV. BTW I was going to use the Texas office when this thing happens so I could meet everyone but oh well.
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Diamond Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:39 pm

We got roaches so big here in Texas that you'll wake up in the middle of the nite an they'll be hoggin the covers an pushin ya outta bed!! An thats the texas truth!!!!:affraid:
    mazzone62
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by mazzone62 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:21 am

Better you than me:lol:.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:14 am