Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+7
zimi31
sassy
Early1
Proven
weslin3
noced71
tt10
11 posters

Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations

tt10
    tt10
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations - Page 3 Empty Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations

Post by tt10 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 8:37 am

First topic message reminder :

The Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], to implement Executive Order 13668 of May 27, 2014 (“Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended.”).  The amendments also implement certain technical and conforming changes.  This amendment will take effect upon publication in the Federal Register on Thursday, December 28, 2017.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations - Page 3 Empty Re: Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations

Post by Proven Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:37 pm

Early1,   

Iraq is following the plan for economic  development.   No turning back.

Last edited by Proven on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jedi17
    jedi17

Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations - Page 3 Empty Re: Publication of Amended Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations

Post by jedi17 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:40 pm

Early1 wrote:
    weslin3 wrote:Thanks tt10.. That's kinda like I'm thinking... And yes I might cash in some at $.10 to pay off everything but I'm really thinking over USD $1 to stop the USD being used in Iraq and their dinar to be used and gain respect again..

Guys and Gals:
      You know I have not been the most popular guy on this site lately.
    But - really - what I hoped would happen - is that a conversation would start other than RV $3.41 to $1 and thanks to you - it has.
      I do not pretend to know the method or opening amount to a change in value
    of the Iraq Dinar.  But - at least we are looking for alternatives.
      I still do not believe that, a country of Iraq's assets , can have a worthless currency.  But - they are still doing all the things to make sure it remains so for now - I.E. - AUCTIONS
    Why Auctions for Iraq - has been said - that that is how Iraq does Dollarization - Really ?
     The pitance that they raise dollars through auctions is a joke.
    Also - OIL is sold all over the world in PETRO DOLLARS (which is US Dollars)
    you are telling me Iraq can't achieve dollarization through that ?

There is a reason for destroying and continuing to destroy the value of the Dinar - IF THEY CHOOSE NOW TO CHANGE THAT - it won't be abrupt - because so far the system has worked just fine without it.
    Argument for 1-1 rate is strong one    Hope they don't do what Equador did in 2000 - that was dump their currency and go exclusively to using US DOLLARS
    That's right - The official currency in Ecuador is the US $
      You see if Iraq can raise Dollars through Oil - a simple solution to their currency problem, is change to the Dollar - most people in Iraq are used to that all ready and the Dinar Currency problem just goes away.
      You - see - there are many solutions - not just an abrupt change in value.
    Dont worry Early, it is not a popularity contest.  I would like to point something out though.  First, it is not an auction anymore for everyone, banks are supposed to buy US$ to give to contractors who are doing business outside of Iraq and are required to pay in US$, as well, an Iraqi citizen can buy up to 3000.00 US$ for the purpose of travel.  We do know there is a lot of corruption in this process that they are still trying to get rid of.  Second, this is a US$ auction in which they sell US$ from their currency reserve, and in turn bring in Iraqi Dinar which will help with reducing the amount of dinar in circulation.

Once Iraq is able to utilize the dinar on a international level, there will be no need for the currency auctions, thus reducing the dollarization on the international level, and then there will be the trickle down effect to the street level as the Iraqis will have more confidence in their dinar.

The news lately clearly shows that the banking sector is getting ready for international banking in dinars which should already bring some confidence back to the dinar.  We have seen that they are readying the ATMs as well as automatic deposits for wages which should help with a reduction in physical dinar in the country which, coupled with a stronger sense of confidence should improve the value.

Again Early, these are my thoughts, and it is not a popularity contest so we are all entitled to an opinion here as well.  I am sure Diamond can speak to the effects that article 8 will have as well on the dinar and encourage him to post here on that as well.
    tt10
    tt10
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by tt10 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:45 pm

Ecuador’s inflation was around 60%. Every country that Iraq has ever been compared to as far as it’s currency is concerned  has had incredible inflation.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

tt10 wrote:Ecuador’s inflation was around 60%. Every country that Iraq has ever been compared to as far as it’s currency is concerned  has had incredible inflation.

Wouldn't a gradual growth of the dinar do that? (incredible inlfation.)
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm

jedi17 wrote:
    Early1 wrote:
    weslin3 wrote:Thanks tt10.. That's kinda like I'm thinking... And yes I might cash in some at $.10 to pay off everything but I'm really thinking over USD $1 to stop the USD being used in Iraq and their dinar to be used and gain respect again..

Guys and Gals:
    But - really - what I hoped would happen - is that a conversation would start other than RV $3.41 to $1 and thanks to you - it has.
      I still do not believe that, a country of Iraq's assets , can have a worthless currency.  But - they are still doing all the things to make sure it remains so for now - I.E. - AUCTIONS
    Why Auctions for Iraq - has been said - that that is how Iraq does Dollarization - Really ?

There is a reason for destroying and continuing to destroy the value of the Dinar - IF THEY CHOOSE NOW TO CHANGE THAT - it won't be abrupt - because so far the system has worked just fine without it.
    Argument for 1-1 rate is strong one    Hope they don't do what Equador did in 2000 - that was dump their currency and go exclusively to using US DOLLARS
      You see if Iraq can raise Dollars through Oil - a simple solution to their currency problem, is change to the Dollar - most people in Iraq are used to that all ready and the Dinar Currency problem just goes away.
    Dont worry Early, it is not a popularity contest.  I would like to point something out though.  First, it is not an auction anymore for everyone, banks are supposed to buy US$ to give to contractors who are doing business outside of Iraq and are required to pay in US$, as well, an Iraqi citizen can buy up to 3000.00 US$ for the purpose of travel.  We do know there is a lot of corruption in this process that they are still trying to get rid of.  Second, this is a US$ auction in which they sell US$ from their currency reserve, and in turn bring in Iraqi Dinar which will help with reducing the amount of dinar in circulation.

Once Iraq is able to utilize the dinar on a international level, there will be no need for the currency auctions, thus reducing the dollarization on the international level, and then there will be the trickle down effect to the street level as the Iraqis will have more confidence in their dinar.

The news lately clearly shows that the banking sector is getting ready for international banking in dinars which should already bring some confidence back to the dinar.  We have seen that they are readying the ATMs as well as automatic deposits for wages which should help with a reduction in physical dinar in the country which, coupled with a stronger sense of confidence should improve the value.

Again Early, these are my thoughts, and it is not a popularity contest so we are all entitled to an opinion here as well.  I am sure Diamond can speak to the effects that article 8 will have as well on the dinar and encourage him to post here on that as well.

So good to hear from you jedi... Thanks for your input on this. Was hoping to hear from you.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 1:00 pm

weslin3 wrote:
    jedi17 wrote:
    Early1 wrote:

Guys and Gals:

So good to hear from you jedi... Thanks for your input on this. Was hoping to hear from you.
    Yes it is good to hear from jedi...thought he may have been on an extended vacation!!! Always enjoy your informed posts to help clarify what clearly many of us misunderstand. Hope all is well and in case you are not around for a few days, Happy New Year!!!
    tt10
    tt10
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by tt10 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 1:05 pm

weslin3 wrote:
    tt10 wrote:Ecuador’s inflation was around 60%. Every country that Iraq has ever been compared to as far as it’s currency is concerned  has had incredible inflation.

Wouldn't a gradual growth of the dinar do that? (incredible inlfation.)
    I’m no professional on what hyperinflates a currency but it could if the demand is far less than the supply. One of the reasons I made this post to start out with is that the way I read it it seems that Iraq is getting the DFI funds released to them and that would give them a huge currency reserve. Like I said, I’m no professional, just an average guy who has spent way too much time reading about Iraq for nearly a decade. That being said, without taking into consideration their oil and gas reserves just do a little math and take their hard currency reserves divided by their current note count/currency supply and that would give you a pretty close rate. I remember ol Shabs saying when they got to 1 billion notes(notes, not dinar) that the rate would be at its former glory of $3.20ish.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 1:19 pm

Thanks tt10.. Gives us something to think about.I too have read a lot about Iraq and still don't know anything... lol!
    tt10
    tt10
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by tt10 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 1:24 pm

weslin3 wrote:Thanks tt10.. Gives us something to think about.I too have read a lot about Iraq and still don't know anything...  lol!
    Haha! Some days i feel like I know less than the day before!
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Thu 28 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

Iraq has said they wish to return to previous rate, that's my hope,!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:09 am