Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

99% of them have not received compensation.. the destruction prevents two-thirds of the people of Si

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

99% of them have not received compensation.. the destruction prevents two-thirds of the people of Si Empty 99% of them have not received compensation.. the destruction prevents two-thirds of the people of Si

Post by Rocky Thu 19 May 2022, 6:12 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]99% of them have not received compensation.. the destruction prevents two-thirds of the people of Sinjar from returning to their homes[/size]

[size=45]Translation: Hamed Ahmed[/size]
    [size=45]A Norwegian report stated that the destruction hinders two-thirds of the residents of Sinjar district of Nineveh Governorate from returning to their homes, pointing out that 99% of them have not been compensated for the damage caused to their homes so far.[/size]
    [size=45]A report issued by the Norwegian Refugee Council, translated by (Al Mada), stated that “the widespread destruction of civilian homes, the presence of new clashes and social tensions, are factors that hinder two-thirds of displaced families from returning to their homes and areas in Sinjar, northwestern Iraq.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report added, "Two thirds of the people of Sinjar, with approximately 193,000 Yezidis, Arabs and Kurds, are living in a state of displacement."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out, "This is after nearly five years of the end of large-scale military operations to expel the militants of the terrorist organization ISIS from the region."[/size]
    [size=45]The report pointed out that "clashes erupted in the area earlier this month, forcing the displacement of more than 10,260 people from their homes, most of whom lived through two or three rounds of displacement."[/size]
    [size=45]He explained, "The Norwegian Refugee Council surveyed 1,500 displaced people as well as returnees, before the latest wave of migration occurred."[/size]
    [size=45]And the report added, “This is to assess how they are willing to make a decision to return to Sinjar,” explaining that “the survey revealed that 64% of them said that their homes were significantly damaged, while 32% of them expressed their concern that the security situation in Sinjar would prevent them from leaving.” return to their area.[/size]
    [size=45]And he goes on, "70% of those surveyed said that the lack of homes and the high rental rates are the main cause of social conflict among those who have already returned." And the report spoke of “an astonishing 99% of those who applied for compensation from the government who did not receive any funding for their damaged homes.” A Yazidi man said, "The house I owned was destroyed, and after I fled from Sinjar when ISIS entered, my house, as is the case with the homes of other Yazidis."[/size]
    [size=45]The man pointed out, “My house has been taken over and considered one of ISIS’s property. No one lives there now. All the house’s property and furniture have been stolen.”[/size]
    [size=45]The man pointed out his desire to “reconstruct my house, but I do not have money. If there was only one room left in the house, I would have gone and lived in it and not in other people’s homes. I want to rebuild my house, but I do not have money and the government has not compensated me yet.”[/size]
    [size=45]The man demanded “the government to compensate the people,” adding that “most people are poor and do not have money to rebuild their homes. For this reason, they live in other people’s homes. Some of the people are from villages that have been completely destroyed and cannot return.”[/size]
    [size=45]For his part, James Moon, director of the Iraq office for the Norwegian Refugee Council, said that "families from Sinjar are still living in displacement, with thousands of others residing in camps."[/size]
    [size=45]Moon pointed out, "The need for sustainable solutions to be introduced so that Iraqi families can start practicing their lives again and plan for a safer future." The report emphasized that "the absence of access to housing, land, and property rights constitute major obstacles for the displaced."[/size]
    [size=45]He noted, "The lack of a habitable house prevents everyone from returning and puts pressure on social tensions in the heavily affected area."[/size]
    [size=45]The report indicated that "both Yezidi and Arab residents were exposed to shootings, tensions and road closures as common incidents."[/size]
    [size=45]The director of the Norwegian Council office in Iraq returns to say, according to the report, that “the people of Sinjar want to return to their homes and rebuild their lives after years of tragedies, insecurity and destruction, but this cannot be achieved without political and social stability, and better ways to obtain housing and property rights.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report continues, "Nova, an elderly woman from Sinjar, recalls the recent events that forced her to leave her home and seek safety in a camp in Dohuk Governorate in the Kurdistan Region."[/size]
    [size=45]Nova said, "The sounds of gunfire, mortar shells and bombs are heard everywhere. We tried to keep the children calm, but we ourselves were more terrified than them."[/size]
    [size=45]Nova added, "We were crying when we ran away by ourselves, and we could not bring anything with us from our belongings except our identity papers and identity papers. We will not be able to return to Sinjar again unless it is safe and protected.”[/size]
    [size=45]And the report added, "The Norwegian Refugee Council recommends the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government to prioritize the rehabilitation of infrastructure and restoration of services to allow safe housing and ensure ownership as well as rehabilitation of public buildings infrastructure." The report went on, "The organization calls on international development donors to invest in enhancing access to housing and property rights to support families in finding durable, long-term solutions for a future life in Sinjar."[/size]
    [size=45]About: The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:22 pm