Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A “slow death” storms the Iraqi marshes, and an environmental activist confirms the drying up of som

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A “slow death” storms the Iraqi marshes, and an environmental activist confirms the drying up of som Empty A “slow death” storms the Iraqi marshes, and an environmental activist confirms the drying up of som

Post by Rocky Sat 11 Jun 2022, 5:00 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]A “slow death” storms the Iraqi marshes, and an environmental activist confirms the drying up of some of them[/size]

[size=45]On Friday, environmental activist Ali Al-Masafi revealed that some of Iraq's marshes in the south of the country have dried up and are experiencing a slow death.[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Masafi said that “the water situation of the Ad-Dalamj Marsh is good, as it is fed from the general estuary, and this does not affect it at all, because it is sewage water, while Al-Hawizeh Marsh was exposed to complete dryness due to the absence of water releases.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "The central marshes witnessed a sharp decline in the levels, the drying out of large areas, and the high levels of salt concentrations, and thus became unsuitable for human and animal use."[/size]
    [size=45]He continued, "The closure of the rivers feeding the Hammar Marsh from Ayman Euphrates, the drying up of large areas and the high rates of saline concentrations as a result of dependence on the waters of the general estuary with the high rate of evaporation as a result of high temperatures, will lead to the migration of buffalo breeders and the spread of epidemics and diseases as a result of drought and salinity in addition to the increase in feed prices. “.[/size]
    [size=45]And the activist in the field of the marshes added, "Hawar Abu Zark in Al-Islah district in Dhi Qar governorate was completely dried up, due to the lack of water reaching it.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:20 pm