Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says

Lobo
    Lobo

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says Empty Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says

Post by Lobo Sat 07 May 2016, 4:32 pm

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says 98197f29ac5d92a762d22257df8cb850?s=50&d=identicon&r=G

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says

by The Extinction Protocol
    [ltr]Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says Mt-st
    May 2016WASHINGTON - Scientists have detected a swarm of low-magnitude earthquakes beneath Mount St. Helens since last month, an occurrence that has researchers believing it's recharging its batteries for another eruption.  According to the US Geological Survey (USGS), since March 14, there have been more than 130 earthquakes detected by the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network. There have also been many more quakes that were too small to find.
    The tremors mainly had low magnitudes of 0.5 or less, with the largest clocking in at 1.3. The rates of earthquakes have been steadily climbing, reaching almost 40 quakes per week. The good news is, all of these occur at a depth between 1.2 to 4 miles below Earth’s surface and are too small to be felt above ground. With all the rattling being done under our feet, the Washington volcano still appears to be silent.
    In order to understand what exactly volcanoes do in this time of repose, you have to “look at the evidence of changes in the magmatic system recorded in the crystals that are brought up during an eruption,” Denison University assistant professor of geosciences Erik Klemetti writes for Wired. Viewing these records shows intrusions of new magma occurring frequently, even when the volcanic system might not erupt for 100,000 years, Wired also reports.
    The quakes underneath Mount St. Helens are volcano-tectonic in nature, which indicates a slip on a small fault, according to USGS. These usually take place in active an hydrothermal and magmatic system, which means it’s surrounded by hot gasses, hot water and, of course, magma. As the volcano slowly recharges, the magma chamber is likely imparting its own stresses on the Earth’s crust around and above it. This stress pushes fluid through cracks, which creates the small tremors.
    Though the idea of Mount St. Helens doing some kind of volcanic boxer shuffle to prepare for another eruption is worrisome, scientists say that this doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to blow anytime soon. “The current pattern of seismicity is similar to swarms seen at Mount St. Helens in 2013 and 2014; recharge swarms in the 1990s had much higher earthquake rates and energy release,” states USGS. “No anomalies games, increases in ground inflation or shallow seismicity have been detected with this swarm, and there are no signs of an imminent eruption.”
    Between 1987 and 2004, researchers observing Mount St. Helens noted that recharge can go on for many years under a volcano without an explosion. However, this means that the currently brewing magma is likely stopping to crystallize and interact with residue from previous eruptions as it works its way towards the surface , according to Wired. While a big recharge event is crucial for the system to get ready for the next eruption, researchers continue to question what it’ll be that pulls the trigger. –Weather
    Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says New-world-order[/ltr]
    [ltr]The Extinction Protocol | May 7, 2016 at 2:31 pm | Categories: Black Swan Event, Dormant fault activation, Earth Changes, Earth Watch, Earthquake Omens?, Harmonic tremor swarm, High-risk potential hazard zone, New volcanic activity, Potential Earthchange hotspot, Prophecies referenced, Seismic tremors, Signs of Magnetic Field weakening, Tectonic plate movement, Time - Event Acceleration, Volcano unrest, Volcano Watch | URL: http://wp.me/p1eYXc-bah [/ltr]

Comment   See all comments
    ahill
    ahill
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says Empty Re: Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says

Post by ahill Sun 08 May 2016, 3:12 am

Lobo,

The volcano I'm most worried about is the one in Yellowstone - called a Super Volcano.
    If it erupts again 'now' -  in the intensity it did about 600,000 years ago  .... I won't be alive. 
    Our Tour Guide told us that there was 'rocks, debris etc found in California

My hubby and I visited Yellowstone in about 1996 and what I learned about this Super Volcano 
    scarred me half to death.  The caldera area is Huge!    We went to all the hot spots. 
    It really is something to see.
    You should go there.

Even today - I check the reports on how much the ground has grown around the volcano.

Ann
    _____

Yellowstone Supervolcano

The term “supervolcano” implies an eruption of magnitude 8 on the Volcano Explosivity Index, indicating an eruption of more than 1,000 cubic kilometers (250 cubic miles) of magma. Yellowstone has had at least three such eruptions: The three eruptions, 2.1 million years ago, 1.2 million years ago and 640,000 years ago, were about 6,000, 700 and 2,500 times larger than the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens in Washington State.
    Lobo
    Lobo

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says Empty Re: Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says

Post by Lobo Sun 08 May 2016, 11:47 am

Hi Ann, please try not to worry, we all need to live life daily and not be too concerned about things we can't control like volcanoes, weather, earthquakes, title waves, etc.  Please enjoy your Mother's Day

Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says ?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-HHY_5qzQaAs%2FUSnHLNg8-eI%2FAAAAAAAAEv8%2FxxzPkiZ6Jlw%2Fs1600%2F2013-mothers-day-HD%2Bwallpaper
    ahill
    ahill
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Post by ahill Tue 10 May 2016, 12:24 am

Lobo,

I don't really worry about the Yellowstone volcano exploding  -  if it 'goes'  it  'goes'!!!
    Nothing anybody can do about that   ---  but I remember the outcome.   LOL!

The Cascadia fault is worse than the San Andreas fault line.   .... a bit of info ...

Cascadia subduction zone
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaEarthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says 399px-Cascadia_Subduction_Zone

The area of the Cascadia subduction zone.
    Coordinates: Earthquake swarms a warning sign Mount St. Helens Volcano is recharging, USGS Says 17px-WMA_button2b45°N 124°W The Cascadia subduction zone (also referred to as the Cascadia fault) is a convergent plate boundary that stretches from northern Vancouver Island to northern California. It is a very long, sloping subduction zone that separates the Explorer, Juan de Fuca, and Gorda plates, on the one hand, and the North American Plate, on the other.

The denser oceanic plate is subducting beneath the less dense continental plate offshore of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and northern California. The North American Plate moves in a general southwest direction, overriding the oceanic plate. The Cascadia subduction zone is where the two plates meet.
    ______ 
    didn't post all info - google it - you might be surprised at what you read.
    I watched a  Documentary on TV about the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

Lobo --- I just know you will check this one out.

Our daughter and hubby live in Vancouver and this Cascadia fault line is waaaay  over due to move.
    I'd like them to move closer inland Canada.

And Mothers Day was great -- roses from hubby & dining out, card / ph call from kids.  Life is good.

Ann

Last edited by ahill on Tue 10 May 2016, 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:02 am