Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Projects worth $189bn frozen in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Projects worth $189bn frozen in Iraq Empty Projects worth $189bn frozen in Iraq

Post by Rocky Thu 16 Jan 2014, 4:40 am

Projects worth $189bn frozen in Iraq

01/15/2014

Businessmen’s body blames absence of funds management laws
    By Staff

Published Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Around 600 major projects worth 220 trillion Iraqi dinars ($189 billion) have been frozen in Iraq due to the government’s failure to enforce a funds management law, the deputy head of the Iraqi businessmen’s association said.

Tariq Saleh said the suspension of those projects has hit the domestic economy and obstructed productivity in the conflict-battered Arab country.

“Around 600 projects with a combined value of 220 trillion dinars have not been executed yet…they have simply been stalled or suspended because of the government’s failure to enforce laws on state funds management and public debt…the freezing of these projects have led to slackening of economic growth and reduced productivity,” he told the Iraqi Arabic language daily Al Mada.

He said the absence of those laws have spawned financial and administrative malpractices, adding that loans amounting to nearly 70 trillion dinars ($60 billion) provided by government banks to civil servants have not been paid back yet.

“What we need at this stage is the enforcement of those laws, linking the budget to development plans and projects, and financially controlling all projects ,” he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:04 am