Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Agricultural associations sound the alarm of drought after groundwater depletion

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Agricultural associations sound the alarm of drought after groundwater depletion Empty Agricultural associations sound the alarm of drought after groundwater depletion

Post by Rocky Thu 14 Sep 2023, 6:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [size=52]Agricultural associations sound the alarm of drought after groundwater depletion[/size]
    • Today 10:01

Information / Diyala...
    On Thursday, the Local Union of Agricultural Associations in Diyala recorded a decline in groundwater in 18 agricultural areas.
    The head of the local union in Diyala, Raad Maghamis Al-Tamimi, said in an interview with Al-Ma’louma, “2023 witnessed the highest rate of dependence on artesian wells in agricultural areas in Diyala, exceeding the 35% barrier, especially with the depletion of rivers and the decline of water due to the severe drought wave.”
    He added, "The wells depend on groundwater to nourish the agricultural areas, which have begun to decline at high levels in 18 areas in Diyala, most notably Mandali," pointing out that "even the quality of the water has changed and the features of salinity have begun to become clearer than others, and these are worrying indicators."
    Al-Tamimi pointed out, "The need to support the regions with plants that contribute to water desalination in order to reduce the negative effects of changing the quality of well water, even if only to secure drinking sources."
    Diyala Governorate is suffering from a drought crisis that has struck large parts of its regions in the past months, amid calls to provide alternatives

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 3:02 am