Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy

Lobo
    Lobo

Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy Empty Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy

Post by Lobo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

Sunday, 6 September 2015

Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy

Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy Screen-Shot-2015-09-05-at-3.12.48-PM

Baseball-sized hail came smashing down near Naples, Italy on Saturday in a storm that injured several people and animals in addition to causing damage to vehicles, crops and more.
    The storm hit the city of Pozzuoli just outside the popular coastal destination of Naples.
    According to Jonathan Erdman, senior meteorologist for weather.com, the storm was brought on by a vigorous southward plunge of the jet stream that carved into western Europe sending a potent upper disturbance into the Italian peninsula Saturday.
    That instability then charged up thunderstorms over the Mediterranean Sea, which swept into Italy. "The satellite signature was classic for a severe thunderstorm, or cluster of storms." Social media posts recorded hail near Lake Como in Northern Italy as well as the in the Naples area.
    Baseball-Sized Hail Pummels Parts of Italy Nj-hail_980x551
    "Baseball size hailstones fall from thunderstorms at speeds of at least 75 mph, so it's no wonder you can see the magnitude of smashed windshields and structural damage," said Erdman.
    Weather Underground Weather Historian Christopher Burt writes that Europe's most destructive hailstorm struck Munich, Germany, on July 12, 1984.
    An estimated $2 billion in damage resulted from the baseball-size hail, including damage to 70,000 homes.
    NOAA estimates hail causes about $1 billion in damage to crops and property each year in the U.S. Some individual hailstorms striking cities can inflict over $1 billion in damage alone, such as one that hit St. Louis on April 10, 2001.

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2015/09/baseball-sized-hail-pummels-parts-of.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:41 am