Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi PM vows not to tolerate "militias"

lonelyintexas
    lonelyintexas
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Iraqi PM vows not to tolerate "militias"  Empty Iraqi PM vows not to tolerate "militias"

Post by lonelyintexas Sat 20 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

Iraqi PM vows not to tolerate "militias"

20/07/2013 | 11:04 PM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BAGHDAD, July 20 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki cautioned on Saturday his government would resolutely deal with "militias and gangs which violate freedoms" in the country, affirming that only the State is responsible for applying law.

"It's only the State which is responsible for applying law and tackling the phenomenon of breaching public morals," Al-Maliki said in a release handed out by his office in response to recent attacks on public places and coffee shops for allegedly preserving public morals and decency.

"The State cannot tolerate militias or gangs which violate public freedoms and impose their corrupt views on others under various excuses. Those involved in such incidents have been collared and they are now under investigation," he said.

Meanwhile, the Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights has blasted the forced shutdown of coffee shops in Baghdad by some people backed by "influential bodies" as a breach of the country's constitution and human rights.

But, the ministry failed to reveal such influential bodies, saying "such an irresponsible behavior has left two people killed and two others wounded." Extremist groups had attacked cares in Karada, which is a major affluent district of Baghdad, over the last couple of days for allegedly violating the rules and values of the holy month of Ramadan. (end) mhg.mt KUNA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:04 am