Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Toronto Maple Leafs

jedi17
    jedi17

Toronto Maple Leafs  Empty Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by jedi17 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:37 pm

Leafs controlling their destiny + Babcock coach of the year
    March 24, 2017, 9:58 AM ET [338 Comments]
    Lucas Neilson
    Toronto Maple Leafs Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    This just may be the most electric Maple Leafs team I’ve seen in action. The glory days of 1993 or the magic in 2000 are becoming a distant memory.

The new look Leafs are spectacular!

The Shanaplan has revived Leafs Nation and their fans to the point where you are seeing old timers getting back to sporting the blue and white with honor after countless years of disappointment. There are young Toronto fans that are looking up to players like Marner, Matthews, Rielly and Nylander. We are witnessing the rise of the Toronto Maple Leafs and it sure is a thing of beauty.

Us die-hard Leafs fans for years are licking our chops right now, relish all the glory you can; we deserve to be pumped up and excited for a potential playoff run after finishing dead last just one year ago. It was a debacle where the team was with coaches Wilson and Carlyle. This team is one who has confidence, flare, each other’s backs and most importantly the will to win and in doing so whatever needs to be done to get there.

Last night the Leafs got off to a slow start against the Devils and were down 1-0 on a squeaker that got through McElhinney. Not a big deal as we all know the Buds can put the puck in the back of the net. It was just two minutes after Toronto was scored on that they got their first power-play of the game. Instantly I thought, “Here comes another power play goal”; the Leafs power play is rank one after all.

Sure enough big Josh Leivo gets put into the lineup and again chips in another point. He’s been excellent for Toronto as they have got production from him on most nights. Leivo banged in a rebound and just like that the game was tied up and both Auston Matthews and William Nylander got on the board with an assist each. It didn’t end there as the Willy-whipper slung another rocket off the bar and in, continuing his streak of domination with points in ten straight.

Ten straight!!! Kid’s a machine!

The Leafs potted a couple more goals and finished off the Devils in style as they have now solidified themselves in a playoff position; number three in the Atlantic to be exact. Boom!

The crazy part is I don’t think the Leafs are done climbing yet.

Ottawa and Toronto both have nine games left in the regular season. As of now the Senators are three points up on Toronto, but with the way the Leafs are playing I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Senators choke on it as they watch the Buds sail past them waiving the blue and white flag with honour.

With that being said, could it be Ottawa or Montreal round one? If things continue to trend the way they are, it just may be a battle of Ontario or one of the biggest rivals in hockey history; Leafs vs Canadiens. Time will tell, hold onto your shorts because the next nine games are going to be exciting beyond imagination. It may be a good weekend to stock the old fridge up with some cold ones!

Could it be this is the year that Mike Babcock wins coach of the year?

Well considering the Leafs were in the gutter last year rolling around in the ditch and are now positioned in the glory hole it could just be Babcock’s year. It damn well should be, he’s a specimen; a rare one. Between his gum chewing on the bench, his business/game face and his rallying of the troops on the bench Mike Babcock has this Leafs team creating havoc against the opposition.

It’s a no brainer to me. Mike Babcock is without a doubt coach of the year.

Have a great weekend and prepare your sword or dagger as the Buds cruise into Buffalo to clash against the Sabres.

Thanks for reading!

Congrats to Auston Matthews on hitting 60 points!

Go Leafs Go!

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 4:16 am