Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tillerson calls for lifting the land blockade of Qatar

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Tillerson calls for lifting the land blockade of Qatar Empty Tillerson calls for lifting the land blockade of Qatar

Post by Rocky Sat 22 Jul 2017, 3:38 am

Tillerson calls for lifting the land blockade of Qatar

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday called for lifting the "road blockade" on Qatar, saying the United States was satisfied with Qatar's efforts to implement a deal signed last week aimed at combating terrorist financing.

Tillerson said in a press statement today that the United States is satisfied with Qatar's efforts to implement an agreement signed last week aimed at combating the financing of terrorism, calling on Arab countries to lift the "land blockade" imposed on Doha, according to Reuters.

"Qataris are implementing the agreement with all their might, so I think we are satisfied with their efforts," Tillerson told reporters before meeting Omani Foreign Minister Yousuf bin Alawi at the Foreign Ministry.

He added that Qatar was ready to negotiate with the four countries and discuss their demands, but it is important for Doha that "the sovereignty and dignity of the five countries will be respected during those discussions."

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt last month imposed sanctions on Qatar and accused them of funding extremist groups and an alliance with Iran, charges denied by Doha.

The four countries submitted a list of 13 demands for Qatar, including the closure of a Turkish military base and Al Jazeera satellite channel, demands rejected by Doha.

Last week, Tillerson made shuttle visits between Gulf states to persuade them to help solve the worst regional crisis in years, but left the region without any clear signs that the crisis could be resolved quickly.

share it

http://www.aljournal.com/%D8%AA%D9%8A%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%B1/

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 4:05 am