Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Czech president is seeking to speed up the transfer of his country's embassy to Jerusalem

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Czech president is seeking to speed up the transfer of his country's embassy to Jerusalem Empty The Czech president is seeking to speed up the transfer of his country's embassy to Jerusalem

Post by Rocky Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:34 am

The Czech president is seeking to speed up the transfer of his country's embassy to Jerusalem
    The Czech president is seeking to speed up the transfer of his country's embassy to Jerusalem Irq_989380512_1520537408
    The President of the Czech Republic said he considered the move of his country's embassy to Jerusalem a top priority, local media reported on Thursday.
    The newspaper "Leodovi Novini" Milos Zeman, who announced in November his intention to move the embassy from Tel Aviv, now wants to speed up procedures.
    Israel's ambassador to the Czech Republic, Daniel Meron, shared the report in a tweet on Twitter, asking whether the country would be the second to transfer its embassy to Jerusalem after the United States.
    According to the report, an inter-ministerial working group was convened to discuss the issue at the end of February, led by Rudolf Lindrak, director of foreign affairs at the Zeman Office. On February 27, Yendrach wrote in a tweet that the group had met to discuss the issue and that the talks were continuing.

However, the report also said that after consultations with its European Union partners, the country's foreign ministry announced its opposition to the transfer of the embassy. The report pointed out that the country does not currently have a suitable property to be the headquarters of its embassy in Jerusalem.

In December, Zeman expressed his support for US President Donald Trump's decision to move his country's embassy but expressed disappointment that the United States had preceded his country in this move.

"It makes me really happy because, as I said during my visit to Israel four years ago, I would be grateful to take the Czech embassy to Jerusalem," said Zeman, who was elected for a second term for five years the following month. "If that happens, we will be the first Who does it, "he said." Now we may follow the example of the United States sooner or later. Anyway, that's better than nothing. "

On December 6, Trump broke a decades-old US foreign policy and formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and announced that he was issuing instructions to begin the process of moving the US embassy there from Tel Aviv. In February, the US Administration announced the opening of its embassy in Jerusalem in May 2018 in conjunction with the 70th anniversary of Israel's independence.

After the Trump Declaration, the Czech Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying it recognized West Jerusalem before the 1967 borders as the capital of Israel, while pointing out that the city should be a joint capital with the Palestinians.

"The ministry can start considering the transfer of the Czech embassy to Tel Aviv from Jerusalem based solely on the outcome of negotiations with key partners in the region and the world," the ministry said.

On Sunday, Guatemala followed the example of the United States and announced the transfer of its embassy to Jerusalem in May.

"In May this year, we will celebrate the 70th anniversary of Israel, and under my instructions, two days after the United States moves to its embassy, ​​Guatemala will return and move its embassy," Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales told a crowd of more than 18,000 people attending the annual AIPAC policy conference in Washington DC. Permanently to Jerusalem ".

Trump's decision to move his country's embassy to Jerusalem, which has been welcomed by Israel, has sparked condemnations by foreign leaders and ministers from around the world who believe the city's status must be determined by negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. A number of Muslim leaders have warned that a step could trigger violence. Finished

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=94173

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:29 pm