Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The risk of sanctions falls in Turkish lira

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The risk of sanctions falls in Turkish lira Empty The risk of sanctions falls in Turkish lira

Post by Rocky Tue 15 Oct 2019, 1:48 am

The risk of sanctions falls in Turkish lira

The risk of sanctions falls in Turkish lira 17569

Economy News - Baghdad
    The Turkish lira plunged in the wake of Turkey's military incursion into Syria, becoming the worst performer among the world's major currencies in October, in a move that looks darker given the rise of most emerging market currencies.
    Volatility is not unusual for the lira, but it lost 5 percent this month against the dollar in an extraordinary move to coincide with the MSCI emerging market index of 1.3 percent.
    The rise in emerging markets has generally been supported by signs that a trade deal between the United States and China is imminent and stimulus measures, but Turkish observers have expressed concern about the threat of international sanctions against Turkey for its moves in Syria.
    US President Donald Trump has warned of "significant sanctions on the way to Turkey" after he has already threatened to "wipe out" its economy if Ankara's attack on Kurdish-led forces in Syria goes too far.
    European governments also agreed on Monday to cut arms exports to Turkey, but without declaring a formal EU embargo on the country, which has helped stem the flow of refugees from Syria and other countries.
    "I find it hard to see any event that serves as a positive catalyst (for Turkey) at the moment," said Richard House, an emerging markets expert at Alliance Global Investors.
    JP Morgan ranked the lira, along with the Russian ruble, as the most exposed currency on political volatility. Goldman Sachs warned about geopolitical risks and domestic economic policy, while Rabo Bank last week questioned whether the lira was on the verge of a new "currency crisis".
    Deutsche Bank downgraded its "positive" outlook for Turkish fixed income instruments and Oxford Economics cut its outlook for Turkey.
    "If the US Congress decides to impose sanctions on Turkey, this relatively small move (in lira) will probably be just the beginning," said Rabot Bank's Piotr Mathis.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm