Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary law calls for monitoring the spending and sources of financing candidates for electora

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary law calls for monitoring the spending and sources of financing candidates for electora Empty Parliamentary law calls for monitoring the spending and sources of financing candidates for electora

Post by Rocky Sun 23 May 2021, 8:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, Sunday, the Parliamentary Legal Committee announced that the elections law did not stipulate the limitation of money in electoral advertising or the use of public money, while it called for the issuance of strict controls that are subject to the control of spending and funding sources for electoral campaigns .
    A member of the committee, Hussein Al-Uqabi, explained to the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that "the election law indicated that the commission should set controls for electoral and propaganda campaigns, as well as the existence of controls in the political parties law ."
    Al-Uqabi stressed the importance for the commission to issue controls to determine spending and its transparency and to know the sources of funding for candidates, and to subject this to the supervision of the competent authorities, pointing out that “the past years have witnessed a lack of discipline in these matters through the disbursement of large sums, some of which have been marred by suspicions of vote buying. This has resulted in unequal opportunities between candidates and between political parties and forces. "
    He added, "There are emerging parties with very limited financial capabilities, and parties with enormous financial capabilities equivalent to financing the electoral campaign for one candidate, financing the election campaigns of emerging party candidates," describing this as a "strange irony."
    Al-Aqabi called on "the competent authorities to issue strict controls that are subject to the control of spending and sources of financing, whether in electoral campaigns or political parties."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 04 Jun 2024, 3:13 pm