Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gold is set to record its biggest weekly decline since late November

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Gold is set to record its biggest weekly decline since late November Empty Gold is set to record its biggest weekly decline since late November

Post by Rocky Fri 07 Jan 2022, 6:21 am

Gold is set to record its biggest weekly decline since late November

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gold settled on Friday, ahead of US jobs data due on Friday, but the yellow metal is set for its largest weekly decline since late November, pressured by rising bond yields, as traders prepare for the US Federal Reserve to raise interest rates sooner.
    And gold rose in spot trading 0.1 percent to $ 1790.90 an ounce by 0341 GMT, after falling for two sessions, reducing its weekly decline to about two percent, and US gold futures rose 0.2 percent to $ 1792.60.
    "It is clear that the prospect of the (Fed) trying to control rising inflation is raising yields," said Kyle Rhoda, analyst at IG Markets, adding that the precious metal was losing some appetite on that basis.
    Yields on benchmark 10-year US Treasury bonds rose to the highest level since March 2021, raising the opportunity cost of holding gold.
    Gold is considered a hedge against inflation, but it is vulnerable to rising US interest rates, which increase the opportunity cost of holding the non-yielding yellow metal.
    Among other precious metals, silver did not witness little change in spot transactions, to settle at $22.14 an ounce. Platinum rose 0.2 percent to $966.50 an ounce, while palladium fell 0.6 percent to $1,872.02 an ounce.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 01 Oct 2024, 5:21 am