Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index Empty Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index

Post by Rocky Fri 03 Mar 2023, 2:40 pm

[size=30]Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index
    [ltr]2023.03.03 - 22:29[/ltr]
    [/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baghdad - Nas  
    Iraq ranked 122 out of 179 countries in terms of democracy index, according to this year's report of the Videm Democracy Project prepared by the Department of Political Science at the University of Gothenburg.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Based on the collection of 31 million units of data between 1789 and 2022, the report assessed the democratic status of countries and ranked them from 1 to 179.  

The report shows that Iraq fell four spots to 122nd in terms of democracy, from 118th in last year's report, but ahead of all its neighbors, with the exception of Jordan, which ranked 110th.   

Iran ranks 149th and 27th behind Iraq.  

The report shows that Tehran has fallen seven ranks in terms of democracy this year due to the government's handling of the demonstrations that followed the death of Zeina Amini.  

Syria ranks as the fifth worst country in the world after North Korea, Eritrea, Afghanistan and Chad, and ranks 175th out of 179 countries.  

Turkey ranks 141st, nine places behind Iraq. Compared to last year, democracy in Turkey has improved by six places.  

According to the report, the ten most democratic countries in the world are:  

1- Denmark  

2- Sweden  

3- Norway  

4- Switzerland  

5- Estonia  

6. New Zealand  

7- Belgium  

8. Ireland  

9- Costa Rica  

10- Finland  

The 10 most undemocratic countries are:  

1. North Korea  

2- Eritrea  

3- Afghanistan  

4- Chad  

5- Syria  

6. Nicaragua  

7- Turkmenistan  

8- China  

9- Belarus  

10- Saudi Arabia  
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index Empty Re: Iraq is declining in the list of democratic countries, according to an international index

Post by Bama Diva Fri 03 Mar 2023, 5:14 pm

Based on the collection of 31 million units of data between 1789 and 2022,,,
    I suspect 1789 is a typo?? :grin:

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:18 pm