Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

British people sue their government for allowing them to fall into the hands of Saddam during the in

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

British people sue their government for allowing them to fall into the hands of Saddam during the in Empty British people sue their government for allowing them to fall into the hands of Saddam during the in

Post by Rocky Thu 14 Sep 2023, 4:41 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]British people sue their government for allowing them to fall into the hands of Saddam during the invasion of Kuwait[/size]

[size=45]Passengers and crew members of a British Airways plane, who were held hostage by forces loyal to former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, intend to take legal action to sue the British government and the airline.[/size]
    [size=45]Among these passengers was Barry Manners, who was on a flight to Malaysia as the British Airways plane landed in Kuwait to refuel in 1990 during the invasion of Iraqi forces.[/size]
    [size=45]The legal firm, Makio Juri & Partners, said in a report reported by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) that it “will represent victims who want to ensure that the truth is fully revealed.”[/size]
    [size=45]British Airways said, “Government records showed that it had not been warned about the Iraqi invasion when the plane landed in Kuwait, while the British government said that the responsibility was entirely borne by the Iraqi government at that time.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report explained that “British Airways Flight 149 landed at Kuwait International Airport in the early hours of August 2, 1990, during the Iraqi forces’ invasion of Kuwait, and Iraqi soldiers arrested more than 300 people on board the plane, which marked the beginning of suffering.” It lasted for about 5 months as Saddam Hussein used them as “human shields” against possible Western attacks.[/size]
    [size=45]After the report pointed out that many of those on board the flight suffered mistreatment, violence, and mock executions, Manners was quoted as saying, “There were several occasions during which I was told that I would be shot, and one of the guards came out in a state of anger and kicked me a little. He put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger a few centimeters away.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report explained that “the flight left London on August 1, 1990, heading to India and Malaysia, and landed in Kuwait on August 2, at the beginning of the invasion. The Iraqi forces detained the passengers and crew of the plane while it was refueling in Kuwait, and then they were transferred to locations.” A strategy in Kuwait and Iraq to prevent possible raids on them. Hundreds of British expatriates were used as human shields.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report continued, “They were released only after 5 months, but many of them suffered from the effects of post-traumatic stress.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report revealed that documents published in November 2021 show the British ambassador in Kuwait at the time warning the British Foreign Office that Iraqi forces crossed the Kuwaiti border an hour before the flight landed.[/size]
    [size=45]The report continued, “This information was never transferred to British Airways, which was unable to take action to divert the flight, according to Foreign Office files that were kept in the National Archives.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report pointed out that there were allegations that a group of about 10 men, who were the first to get off the plane when it landed, were members of the British Special Forces, but the London government always denied them.[/size]
    [size=45]Makio Juri and Partners confirmed that “there is evidence” that the British government and British Airways “were aware that the invasion had already begun” when the plane was allowed to land because it was being used to bring a special forces team into Kuwait “to conduct a special military operation.”[/size]
    [size=45]According to the law firm, it intends to file the lawsuit with the Supreme Court in London in the next few months, noting that each hostage “may demand compensation estimated at approximately 170,000 pounds sterling.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report indicated that some of the hostages suffered from post-traumatic stress after being harmed and witnessing the atrocities. According to Manners, “We were not treated as citizens, but as expendable pawns for commercial and political gains,” adding that “victory over years of cover-up and denial will help restore confidence in our political and judicial process.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report also quoted a government spokesman as saying, “Responsibility for these events and the mistreatment of these passengers and crew members lies entirely with the Iraqi government at that time.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:08 am