Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Patriarch Sako: Withdrawing the decree was targeting church property

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Patriarch Sako: Withdrawing the decree was targeting church property Empty Patriarch Sako: Withdrawing the decree was targeting church property

Post by Rocky Wed 17 Jul 2024, 5:13 am

Patriarch Sako: Withdrawing the decree was targeting church property

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-07-17 03:21
    Font

Shafaq News/ The leader of the Chaldean Church in Iraq and the world, Patriarch Louis Sako, confirmed on Wednesday that the withdrawal of the decree and the malicious complaints were not directed against him personally, but rather aimed to harm the property of the Chaldean Church.
    Sako said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, "I thank God for the strength, wisdom and determination he gave me in facing the crisis of withdrawing the decree and malicious complaints. It has been proven that I was not personally targeted, but rather the church properties were the target, as one of the officials informed us." 
    He added, "During the Synod session held with fathers and bishops, I thank you for your presence and participation in these meetings that coincided with sensitive church challenges and complex social, political and security circumstances. How beautiful it is for brothers to come together for the sake of our church and our people."
    On this occasion, Sako said, “I would like to express my gratitude for your positions of solidarity with the Church Presidency, for the honorable contributions you have made, and for my brothers and sisters who stood by the Church, as their prayers were a reason for restoring the truth and strengthening the Church.”
    He continued: "I would like to thank Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani for his courageous initiative to issue a royal decree confirming the appointment of the Patriarch as the trustee of the church's endowments."
    He pointed out that "your presence at the annual periodic council reflects a set of missionary indicators that place the good of the church and its people above all considerations, far from the quarrels and criticisms that do not reflect reality. Our responsibility as clergy is to think responsibly for the sake of the progress of our church and our country, avoiding side debates that aim to distort the reputation and status of our church."
    Patriarch Sako stressed: “We are called to assume our ecclesiastical, humanitarian and national responsibilities towards the profound challenges and rapid transformations in society and the world. We must focus on collective action through love, wisdom and humility, and build true unity based on listening and mutual respect.”
    He stressed that “this collective ecclesial work advances when we do it united, responding to the call of the Holy Spirit. True unity comes from awareness and respect for the viewpoints of others, a strength strengthened by prayer and listening, and based on truth, which enhances our credibility and increases people’s trust in us. Problems can arise, but they must be addressed through the Synod and in a responsible and sincere manner of dialogue, not through boycotts.”
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 28 Aug 2024, 8:41 pm