Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts

Lobo
    Lobo

Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts Empty Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts

Post by Lobo Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:07 am

Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts Img16l
    Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts
    Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Servings: 4
    The result of tossing brussels sprouts in honey, olive oil, vinegar and fresh rosemary before a quick stint in the oven? Tender, caramelized, deeply scented and crispy vegetables that even picky eaters can’t resist. This recipe is also delicious prepared with winter squash.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. (500 g) brussels sprouts, quartered
    • 3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more as needed
    • 2 Tbs. honey
    • 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • 2 Tbs. hazelnuts

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the 3 Tbs. olive oil, the honey, vinegar and rosemary. Season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Roast, stirring once about halfway through, until fork-tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes. If the sprouts seem dry when you stir them, drizzle with another 1 Tbs. or more of olive oil.

In a small, dry nonstick frying pan over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts, shaking the pan a few times, until very aromatic, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly and chop coarsely.

Transfer the brussels sprouts to a serving dish and toss with the hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Pasta Night, by Kate McMillan (Weldon Owen, 2014)

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:32 pm