Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Zucchini Frittata

Lobo
    Lobo

Zucchini Frittata Empty Zucchini Frittata

Post by Lobo Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:32 am

Zucchini Frittata Img39l
    Zucchini Frittata
    Zucchini Frittata Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 4
    An Italian dish that resembles a crustless quiche, a frittata is a mixture of eggs, cheese and other ingredients, such as vegetables or meats. It may be served warm or at room temperature.

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 1/2 lb. zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
    • 1 red onion, finely chopped
    • 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
    • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    • 6 eggs
    • 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
        cheese
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Zucchini Frittata Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a 10-inch braiser over medium heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter. Add the zucchini, onion and tarragon and toss to coat well with the butter. Sauté until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat.

In a bowl, whisk the eggs until well blended. Stir in the zucchini mixture and the cheese, and season with salt and pepper.

Melt the remaining 1 Tbs. butter in the pan and return to medium heat. When the butter is bubbling, pour in the egg mixture, reduce the heat to low and shake the pan to level the ingredients. Cook gently until the eggs are just set, about 10 minutes.

Invert a large plate over the pan, flip the pan and plate and slide the frittata, cooked side up, back into the pan. Return to medium heat and cook until the frittata is just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes more. Serves 4.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:20 pm