Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God

Lobo
    Lobo

Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God Empty Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God

Post by Lobo Thu 24 Mar 2016, 4:01 pm

Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God
    Posted on March 24, 2016 by Dr. Eowyn | 9 Comments
    TV-radio talker Glenn Beck, a Mormon who has endorsed Ted Cruz and spoken on his behalf at numerous rallies around the country, has really gone off the deep end.
    First Beck proclaimed that Ted Cruz — who so respects the U.S. Constitution that he ran for (and won) the U.S. Senate while still a Canadian citizen — would be the fulfillment of a Mormon end-days prophecy by saving the tattered Constitution.
    Then, at a rally in Utah last Monday, March 21, 2016, Beck scolded evangelical Christians that if they don’t vote for Cruz, they’re not listening to God: “All throughout the South the Evangelicals are not listening to their God.”
    Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God Ted-cruz-glenn-beck
    Ted Cruz (l) & Glenn Beck (r)
    Now, rightfully, Beck’s outrageous scold is blowing back.
    Michael Patrick Leahy reports for Breitbart, March 23, 2016, that Robert Jeffress, pastor of the 12,000 member First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, tells Breitbart News, “Beck’s wacko comment speaks for itself. However, by using the phrase ‘their God’ to refer to the God we evangelical Christians worship, Beck is finally admitting that the true God of the Bible is different than the god of the Book of Mormon. I congratulate Beck for his honesty in differentiating between the two. However, I am somewhat puzzled that Beck claims to know how the God Christians worship would vote in the Republican primaries.”
    Jeffress has introduced GOP frontrunner Donald Trump at many events, though as a pastor he is not officially endorsing any candidate.
    Dr. Thomas S. Kidd, Distinguished Professor of History and Associate Director of the Institute for Studies of Religion at Baylor University in Waco, Texas, also takes exception to Beck’s comments: “Assuming that Mr. Beck is referring to evangelicals who vote for Trump, I would make a distinction that Beck does not: The Bible certainly offers principles on how to think about government and politics. The Bible does not, however, tell us which individual candidates to vote for. If other Christians don’t vote for our preferred candidate, we should not say that they are not listening to God. None of us has special access to God’s opinions about candidates. There are many reasons why devout Christians should hesitate to vote for Donald Trump, but God has not revealed Ted Cruz as the divinely anointed alternative, either.”
    Criticisms of Beck’s attack on evangelical Christians who live in the South and are not supporting Cruz were echoed by several participants in the February 25 Breitbart focus groups conducted of evangelical Christians in Tennessee.
    Among them is Elizabeth, who now regrets having voted for Cruz in the Tennessee GOP primary. She says: “It has been very disconcerting to see Beck traveling with Cruz. I have had a nagging concern about Cruz’s integrity. His association with Beck confirms this. Beck is not reticent about pushing his Mormon faith, which from an evangelical perspective is heretical. Apparently Cruz has no discomfort being called the fulfillment of a false prophecy. The fact that evangelicals have not fully embraced Cruz but Mormons have is troubling to someone who voted for Cruz but now questions the decision.”
    Jim, a Trump supporter and small business owner who participated in the focus groups, tells Breitbart News: “I am disgusted by Beck’s comments and he should be ashamed for casting stones. Are we counting sins? Let’s see: Cruz has lied on multiple occasions, smeared Trump horribly, wasn’t tithing while making over $250,000.”
    Martha, a Trump alternate delegate and focus group participant, tells Breitbart News: “I tuned Glenn Beck out a long time ago. I think he has issues and is in no position to determine who is or is not listening to anything or anyone, including God. His hysterics do nothing but turn me off, whether it’s this or anything else. I think he has done some good exposing some of those leftist relationships that he has exposed. But, once he starts on opinion, he always seems totally off the wall to me. Have thought this a long time.”
    Aime Molina, another focus group participant, tells Breitbart News, “I was offended by Glenn Beck’s comments, as I was by Romney’s speech several weeks ago. ‘My God’ doesn’t tell me how to vote. I believe God expects me to be involved in the political process for the good of His people and the advancement of His Kingdom. I believe I am called to vote according to the morals and teachings of Jesus. I believe we should vote for the candidate who will enforce the expectations of personal accountability for one’s life and actions, and the protection of our Country and its citizens. I don’t believe that God endorses a specific candidate, and Beck’s comments seem judgmental and manipulative to me. I am not anti-Trump; he is my second choice, but for the record I voted for Ted Cruz. And I’m still offended by Glenn Beck.”
    The February 25 Breitbart focus groups of evangelical Christians in Tennessee confirmed the polling research of the Barna Group, the leading pollster of evangelical Christians, which found that committed or traditional evangelicals (weekly attendance at church services, weekly attendance at church classes, participation in small Bible study groups, regular prayer, frequent reading of the Bible, participating in musical worship, listening to Christian music, charitable giving) are more supportive of Cruz, whereas cultural evangelicals are more supportive of Trump. For “cultural” evangelicals, their faith is an important, but not necessarily defining, element of their lives. They may or may not regularly attend weekly church services, and express their faith behaviorally in ways that are unique to each individual.
    Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God Ted-cruz-donors
    God help us if Ted Cruz is the savior

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2016/03/24/glenn-beck-to-evangelical-christians-if-you-dont-vote-for-cruz-youre-not-listening-to-god/
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God Empty Re: Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God

Post by duck2000 Thu 24 Mar 2016, 7:22 pm

ok wil say prayer after he wins >>> LOL notttttttttt! lol
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God Empty Re: Glenn Beck to evangelical Christians: If you don’t vote for Cruz, you’re not listening to God

Post by Neno Fri 25 Mar 2016, 4:08 am

Lol, the bible I read says stay out of politics, go figure....lol
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by wciappetta Fri 25 Mar 2016, 5:41 am

Well Beck's Mormonism is entirely founded upon a false premise, a premise in direct opposition to what God says in his word, thus if you're going to suggest listening to God, you might want to start there... As far as staying out of politics goes, how many positions or stances does a person hold that do not have a political position one way or another attached to them? The very fact that a person has a right to vote [if you're a citizen] has a political implication all of it's own.

In fact just before the day of Pentecost  when the disciples foolishly voted to replace Judas after he killed himself had a political implication, a choice was  made right? ...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... For from His fullness, we have all received and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known. - Berean Literal Bible
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 25 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

Well, if directing to me....this is all a false pretence in the world we live in and yes your correct, the human ways are profoundly screwed up, in Satan's system.
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by wciappetta Fri 25 Mar 2016, 12:30 pm

My statements were just general statements, your post was just a platform to expand upon them, not personal...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... For from His fullness, we have all received and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known. - Berean Literal Bible
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 25 Mar 2016, 2:01 pm

wciappetta wrote:My statements were just general statements, your post was just a platform to expand upon them, not personal...
    bighug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:35 am