Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Obama headed to Canada to meet with top leaders

Lobo
    Lobo

Obama headed to Canada to meet with top leaders Empty Obama headed to Canada to meet with top leaders

Post by Lobo Fri 06 May 2016, 6:10 pm

Obama headed to Canada to meet with top leaders

By Vicki Needham - 05/04/16 06:14 PM EDT
    President Obama is heading to Canada in June to meet with Canadian and Mexican leaders to discuss strengthening their economic ties.
    Free trade is expected to remain a hot topic in the U.S. presidential election as Obama travels north to attend the North American Leaders’ Summit on June 29 with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, the White House announced on Wednesday.
    "The summit is further recognition of the value of a more integrated North America to advance the security and prosperity of the continent," the White House said in a statement.
    "It also highlights the importance of continuing to strengthen the bilateral and trilateral ties between United States, Canada and Mexico."
    The three nations are major trading partners and are part of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) with nine other Pacific Rim countries. 
    While in Ottawa the president will get a chance to call for support of the TPP in an address to a joint session of the Parliament of Canada, where top Canadian officials have vowed to hold a vigorous debate on the sweeping trade agreement. 
    “I look forward to meeting with President Obama and President Peña Nieto to make real progress on the challenges we collectively face, whether how we can expand trade between our nations, build competitive clean growth economies, or create real help for middle-class families,” Trudeau said in a statement.
    The meeting marks the first time since 2007 that Canada will hold the summit.
    Canada was scheduled to host the summit last year but it was canceled in the spat between the United States and Canada over the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
    Nieto hosted the last summit in 2014 in Toluca, Mexico.
    On the trade front, Obama has been urging Congress to move quickly to pass the TPP amid raging debate on the campaign trail.
    Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump along with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and her rival Bernie Sanders are all opposed to the 12-nation Asia-Pacific deal. Trump and Sanders have vowed to stop the agreement from moving through Congress if they are elected.
    Trump has even gone a step further, vowing to slap hefty tariffs on the products made by U.S. companies, such as Carrier from Indiana, that move their operations south of the border. He also has vowed during his rallies to make Mexico pay for a wall along the border to stop illegal immigration.
    http://thehill.com/policy/finance/trade/278776-obama-headed-to-canada-to-meet-with-top-leaders

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:37 pm