Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells  Empty Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells

Post by Bama Diva Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:17 pm

Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells

Iraq's Ministry of Interior said Monday (January 14th) that authorities have cleared 12,000 landmines -- remnants of the former Iraqi army -- near oil wells around the country.

The operation, which covered four oilfields in Iraq's southern, western and northern regions, was completed with direct assistance from the environment and defence ministries, as well as the UN mission in Iraq, said Col. Hikmat Mahmoud al-Masari, director of media and communications at the Interior Ministry.

"The clearance of these landmines took place in the last three months," he said, adding that authorities also "found weapons caches and RPGs buried under the ground, which could have made their way to militants if they hadn't been found us".

"The Iraqi northern and southern oil companies, as well as four foreign investing companies, will resume their work in those areas by the beginning of next month," al-Masari said.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PUKmedia 15-01-2013 11:08:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells  Empty Re: Iraq completes removal of 12,000 landmines near oil wells

Post by wciappetta Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

I'll bet that had something to do with the border marker maintenance as well....

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024, 3:03 pm