Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Merkel insists on "basic demand" against Turkey at EU summit

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Merkel insists on "basic demand" against Turkey at EU summit Empty Merkel insists on "basic demand" against Turkey at EU summit

Post by Rocky Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:53 am

[ltr]Merkel insists on "basic demand" against Turkey at EU summit[/ltr]

Since 2017-10-20 at 15:19 (Baghdad time)
    [ltr]Merkel insists on "basic demand" against Turkey at EU summit 6[/ltr]
    [ltr]Mawazine News - Follow up[/ltr]
    [ltr]German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday called for a united European move to reduce the funding associated with Turkey's accession negotiations with the EU under Ankara's "bad direction."[/ltr]
    [ltr]"I will work (to ...) to reduce our assistance before joining the European Union," Merkel said when she arrived in Brussels for an EU summit.[/ltr]
    [ltr]"It is important that the European Council (including the leaders of the 28 EU countries) move on this issue in a unified way," she said.[/ltr]
    [ltr]"The development of the state of law in Turkey, in our opinion, is a bad trend, and we are very concerned ... not only because of the arrest of a large number of Germans."[/ltr]
    [ltr]During the last election campaign, Merkel vowed to try to persuade her European counterparts to stop Turkey's accession negotiations with the European Union.[/ltr]
    [ltr]Many European leaders on Thursday voiced criticism of Turkey, whose tensions have risen sharply since the massive disinfection after the July 2016 coup.[/ltr]
    [ltr]Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel said the EU-Turkey accession negotiations were "virtually frozen to the point of suspension."[/ltr]
    [ltr]The EU froze the opening of new chapters last year in these negotiations, which began in 2005, and refuses to update the customs union with Turkey, as long as human rights violations continue.[/ltr]
    [ltr]"Turkey is very far from joining, and the situation will remain the same," Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rottie said.[/ltr]

[ltr]But Michel and Rotti said it would be better to "redirect" funding to stay away from the government and go into areas such as immigration and Turkish NGOs.[/ltr]
    [ltr]The Europeans had set aside 4.45 billion euros for pre-accession funding for Turkey for the period 2014-2020, but only 368 million euros had been earmarked for projects to date.[/ltr]

[ltr]https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mawazin.net%2F%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%AC%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9%2F%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9&edit-text=
    [/ltr]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:38 pm