Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi jets foil IS attack on army in Anbar, kill 20 militants

jedi17
    jedi17

Iraqi jets foil IS attack on army in Anbar, kill 20 militants Empty Iraqi jets foil IS attack on army in Anbar, kill 20 militants

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

[size=39]Iraqi jets foil IS attack on army in Anbar, kill 20 militants[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Representational photo.

Anbar (IraqiNews.com) Iraqi army fighter jets killed 20 Islamic State fighters on Wednesday before they carried out an attack on army forces in Anbar’s city of Haditha, a military official has said.
    L. Gen. Qassem al-Mohammadi, commander of the army’s al-Jazeeera Operations, said the militants were detected and targeted by the air force while approaching an army deployment west of Um al-Wez region, southwest of Haditha.
    The Iraqi army command in Anbar declared on the 5th of January the start of operations to retake western Anbar regions, close to the borders with Syria, from militants who occupied them since the emergence of the Islamic State in 2014. The operations lasted for a few days, recapturing a few villages, before halting again. Observes see confusion regarding readiness to launch operations in the province, pointing out to the fact that the start of the security offensive was not officially declared by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi as was the case with Mosul, where government forces have recaptured a half of the city.
    Security sources said a week earlier that the government had decided to halt battles in Anbar until the end of security operations to retake Mosul, Islamic State’s biggest bastion in Iraq.

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 5:29 pm