Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Tue 07 Feb 2017, 7:48 pm

Devils top Sabres, snap long home losing streak
    February 7, 2017, 10:35 AM ET [19 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Nj New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The New Jersey Devils snapped their seven-game home losing streak last night with a much-needed win over the Buffalo Sabres.

While the 2-1 scoreline suggests the game was even, the Devils did control play for much of the night and were clearly the better side.

A few notes:

1) The Sabres aren't exactly beasts of the East but that was a very encouraging performance from the Devils and one of their best over the last few weeks.

At 5v5 the Devils were clearly the better team, which has rarely been the case this season. They out-chanced the Sabres 24-13 at full-strength and won the high-danger chance battle 11-4. They fired 39 pucks on net in all situations, too. It shouldn't have been as close as it was.

2) Pavel Zacha registered seven points in his first 37 games this season and looked lost at times. There were small stretches where he'd use his size and skill to make something happen but there were stretches where he didn't look like an NHL player.

Since being put on a line with Jacob Josefson he has looked like a completely different player. Some bounces are starting to go his way, he's putting up points (he has seven in his last nine games), he is getting power play time and he looks so much more confident and dangerous with the puck.

His emergence, along with Joseph Blandisi being recalled, makes the Devils' bottom-6 a lot more threatening and helps take some of the load off the top guys.

3) Cory Schneider had another strong game stopping 22-23 shots he faced. The Tyler Ennis goal wasn't good, obviously, but the .957 save percentage Schneider posted certainly was. He has been fantastic since the turn of the calendar stopping .930% of the shots he has faced in 14 appearances. It's no coincidence the Devils are starting to climb up the standings.

4) Over the last few weeks, the Devils have played some very physical/nasty games against Buffalo, Calgary, etc. In those games, they haven't been pushed around at all and have more than taken care of themselves without Luke Gazdic in the lineup, which helps illustrate how unnecessary​ it is to play him. All he brings to the table is some physicality and the Devils don't need it.

Seriously, how much better is a Blandisi - Sergey Kalinin - P.A. Parenteau line than the 4th line the Devils dressed featuring the likes of Vern Fiddler and Gazdic? It's not even close.

5) Kyle Palmieri didn't get on the scoresheet but I thought he played very well. He had four shots, most of which came around the net and in dangerous areas, and came up with a big clear and blocked shot while defending the lead late. He has been excellent over the last month or so.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 10:14 am