Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Melania Trump gives the Iraqi "Ganat al-Ghazi" and other women the "courageous women"

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Melania Trump gives the Iraqi "Ganat al-Ghazi" and other women the "courageous women" Empty Melania Trump gives the Iraqi "Ganat al-Ghazi" and other women the "courageous women"

Post by Rocky Sun 02 Apr 2017, 1:52 am

Melania Trump gives the Iraqi "Ganat al-Ghazi" and other women the "courageous women"

WASHINGTON, April 2 (Xinhua) - The State Department awarded 13 women the State Department's "Courageous Women" award in 2017, including three Arab women.
    First Lady Melanie Trump and Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas Shannon presented the award at the State Department in Washington, recognizing "their exceptional courage and leadership to serve peace, justice, human rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women."
    Melania said in a speech that "these women stood in the front lines to fight injustice" and are "real heroes."
    Among the winners are three Arab women: Janat al-Ghazi of Iraq, niece Caroline Tahan of Syria and Fadia Najib of Yemen.
    Ghazi is the deputy director of Women's Freedom in Iraq, and she and the organization have played a prominent role in protecting Iraqi women from violence and providing safe havens for them, as well as training and legal assistance.
    Caroline Tahan was awarded the prize because of the risks she faced to protect Syrian children and women. The Damascus-run school provided a safe haven for more than 200 Muslim and Christian children and also provided assistance to displaced women through a UN-supported program.
    The Foreign Minister also honored Fadia Najib, who said she faced daily the risk of death to protect children in conflict zones, and made efforts to prevent the recruitment of children's extremist groups, as well as reports to the Security Council on cases of violence and abduction of children and violations by armed groups. Finished

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:34 am