Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Blue Jays unwilling to offer Bautista more than $17.2M qualifying offer: report

jedi17
    jedi17

Blue Jays unwilling to offer Bautista more than $17.2M qualifying offer: report Empty Blue Jays unwilling to offer Bautista more than $17.2M qualifying offer: report

Post by jedi17 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:30 pm

Blue Jays unwilling to offer Bautista more than $17.2M qualifying offer: report

Free agent slugger Jose Bautista might have to accept a significant discount if he fancies a return to Toronto. In fact, he’ll likely have to accept an offer he had previously rejected.
    The Blue Jays brass has reportedly informed the free-agent slugger that the one-year, $17.2 million (all funds U.S.) qualifying offer he had rejected after the World Series is as high as the club is willing to go, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports.
    Toronto has reportedly remained in contact with Bautista’s agent as the two sides had met during last week’s Winter Meetings. After initially seeking a reported five-year deal in the neighbourhood of $150-million, Bautista was reportedly willing to accept a two-year deal with Boston before the Red Sox opted to sign 1B/DH Mitch Moreland.

If he were willing to accept the one-year deal, Bautista would immediately fill one of two glaring holes in Toronto’s outfield. The Blue Jays had missed out on signing Dexter Fowler when the former Chicago Cub had agreed to a five-year, $82.5-million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:46 am