Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Thyme, Pecans and Parmesan

Lobo
    Lobo

Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Thyme, Pecans and Parmesan Empty Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Thyme, Pecans and Parmesan

Post by Lobo Thu 22 Dec 2016, 7:02 pm

Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Thyme, Pecans and Parmesan Img18l
    Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Thyme, Pecans and Parmesan

Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 50 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Originating in Sweden, Hasselback potatoes feature decorative slices on top and are really quite easy to prepare. As they roast, their edges become wonderfully crispy while the interiors emerge moist and creamy. Here, we use the same technique with sweet potatoes and also add a savory, nutty topping of fresh thyme, Parmesan cheese and pecans.

Ingredients:

• 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
    • 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
    • 1 garlic clove, grated
    • 3/4 cup (3 oz./90 g) pecans, chopped
    • 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    • 1 cup (4 oz./120 g) grated Parmesan cheese
    • 4 small sweet potatoes

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil.

In a bowl, stir together the olive oil and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the garlic, pecans, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Fold in 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) of the cheese. Set the topping mixture aside.

Using a sharp knife, cut each sweet potato crosswise into 1/8-inch (3-mm) slices, cutting only three-fourths of the way through the potatoes so they stay intact. Place the potatoes, sliced side up, in the prepared baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.

Roast until the potatoes are browned on the outside and tender in the center, 50 to 60 minutes, sprinkling the topping over the potatoes during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) cheese. Let cool slightly before serving. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Related Tips

All About Sweet Potatoes

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 8:19 am