Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Roast Chicken with Lemons and Garlic

Lobo
    Lobo

Roast Chicken with Lemons and Garlic Empty Roast Chicken with Lemons and Garlic

Post by Lobo Fri 23 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

Roast Chicken with Lemons and Garlic Img1l
    Roast Chicken with Lemons and Garlic

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 90 minutes
    Servings: 4
    A roast chicken is a simple meal that’s easy enough for a weeknight but also elegant enough for guests. Serve with roasted potatoes and a green salad and dinner is served.

Ingredients:

• 1 chicken, about 4 lb. (2 kg)
    • 1 Tbs. olive oil
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    • Cloves from 1 head garlic
    • 3 lemons, halved
    • 4 fresh rosemary sprigs

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).

Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil and season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Place half of the garlic cloves an d2 of the lemon halves inside the chicken cavity. Tuck the wing tips behind the back and tie the legs together with kitchen twine.

Put the chicken, breast side up, in a small roasting pan. Arrange the rosemary sprigs and the remaining garlic cloves and lemon halves around the chicken. Roast the chicken until the skin is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh, away from the bone, registers 170°F (77°C), 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.

Transfer the chicken to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve the chicken and serve immediately with roasted lemons and garlic alongside, pouring any juices from the pan over the chicken. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Related Tips

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:57 am