Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Minnesota Wild

jedi17
    jedi17

Minnesota Wild  Empty Minnesota Wild

Post by jedi17 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:55 pm

Wild Hit Century Mark, Stalock Back To Iowa
    April 3, 2017, 2:27 PM ET [2 Comments]
    Dan Wallace
    Minnesota Wild Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The 5-2 win yesterday put the Wild to the 100 point plateau for the third time in the team's history. If they can get 5 points out of the final three games they will establish a new club record eclipsing the previous high of 104 points established in the 2006-07 season.

The Wild sent returned Alex Stalock to Iowa as the baby Wild are in a desperate playoff fight heading into the final two weeks of the AHL season. Darcy Kuemper could not be sent down without clearing waivers.

Kuemper will get some action for sure this week in hopes that he can get his game back in form. Stalock played well in his two game audition and will for sure be recalled as insurance, but the competition to Kuemper can only be a good thing in getting him going once again.

The Wild have strong team depth at every position with the exception of the most critical of positions, goaltending. Devan Dubnyk is the guy and the team will only go as far as he can take them.

The calm before the playoffs is upon the Wild. Nothing really left to play for, and their opponents are or in the case of Carolina can be eliminated from playoff possibility before tomorrow's game. So it may be a little more difficult to get it revved up to compete at the highest level.

The problem I see with that mentality is the Wild have never won anything nor do they have any track record of being able to turn it up come Spring. It is one thing for perennial power teams to go through the motions, but a team that is trying to establish itself as a legitimate contender needs to keep the foot on the gas all the way to the end.

The lack of leadership is still of great concern as the Wild head to the playoffs.

Mikko Koivu is a real pro and brings a consistent work ethic every single day. But does he hold the rest of the team accountable as the captain of the Wild?

Ryan Suter is farm boy strong, and stubborn as a mule, but what does he bring as far as making the rest of his teammates better? He is a guy that has complained that he needs to be paired with a right handed shooting defensive partner, primarily Jared Spurgeon. He also wants to be out in every situation, even if it is not in the best interest of the team. Lastly his play greatly diminishes the more minutes he plays, and I have lost count of the penalties he has taken in the last 5 minutes of games in which the Wild have trailed.

Zach Parise, is a 100% player each and every shift. He is tireless in his effort, and often goes above and beyond to make something happen to get his team going. But does Parise make those around him better?

Eric Staal and Chris Stewart are two guys that have to fight to revive their careers, and when you hear each of them speak you hear a different underlying message that speaks of team and bigger picture. That message needs to filter through the rest of the team in order for this group to reach their true potential.

Intangibles are often the difference makers come playoff time, and not talent on paper. This last week is tuneup time not rest time for the Wild.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm