Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

5 posters

A Request for Opinions

MaaddMaaxx
    MaaddMaaxx
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

A Request for Opinions Empty A Request for Opinions

Post by MaaddMaaxx Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:00 pm

I would like to start a discussion about the anticipated new exchange rate of the Dinar.  I welcome both agreement and dissent.

I have been of the opinion that the new rate would equal Kuwait within a cent or two.  Several in our community have embraced similar views. This makes sense from an economic prospective.  Iraq and Kuwait are virtual equals in terms of oil production and GDP.  Kuwait is of course much more stable.

But I had a thought recently about the rebuilding of the cities damaged by the battles to liberate them them from the isis terrorists.  

Would they not benefit from raising the exchange rate higher for a year?  $4.25-4.50?  

They will need massive shipments of steel, copper pipe, copper wire, and lime to rebuild the cities destroyed in removing the isis infection.  A higher exchange rate would reduce their import costs.  It would not effect exports as their only major export is oil and that is traded in US Dollars.

Yes, it would increase a societal trend toward buying and consumption , but after 15 years of near bankruptcy is that terrible?

I'm not making predictions like some half-assed guru, just asking for opinions.

TIA,
    MaaddMaaxx
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

A Request for Opinions Empty Re: A Request for Opinions

Post by mochasmom Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:23 pm

Im not as concerned about rate as i am date...but...a penny above or below kuwait..take that to the bank..quack quack
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

I suppose at the end of the date it could be higher but we hope for atleast as Mocha said penny above or below 3.22 will do nicely. Could it come out higher, yes! But for now when is the key, for me it's never been about rate but date! And that time is soon approaching
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:39 pm

I am for it being sooner than later, but it will be when it is, and the rate will be what it is, just glad we are finally coming to the end of this journey.

thumbs thumbs
    noced71
    noced71
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by noced71 Mon 17 Apr 2017, 12:08 am

I don't have opinions...Just a hope that it will arrive at a penny near Kuwait's rate. Although there is alot of articles indicating we are getting closer to the end of this journey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:43 am