Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iran charged of cutting off water supply for Kurdistan

jedi17
    jedi17

Iran charged of cutting off water supply for Kurdistan Empty Iran charged of cutting off water supply for Kurdistan

Post by jedi17 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

Iran charged of cutting off water supply for Kurdistan
    9:36 AM ADMIN

Arbil/ Iraq TradeLink: Kurdish Agriculture Minister Abdul Sattar Majeed connected the "sudden" Iranian cut off the water from the Lower Zab River with the coming Kurdish independence referendum due on 25 September, 2017.

The Lower Zab River is originated from the north-west part of Iran and enters the Iraqi territories from Sulaimaniya province.

Minister Majeed pointed that the sudden cut off of the water affected the lives of 80.000 people.
    He stressed that Iran wants to show off is effects on the region by using the water as a pressure tool, which is directed against the coming referendum.

" We called the central government in Baghdad to press Iran ending its water cut off, but no reply received. All kept silent", he confirmed.

On the other hand, he pointed out that a Kurdish delegation will visit Iran if the water continued to be cut off.

In response for the cut off, the Kurdish authorities informed Baghdad that they will reduce the water flow to the southern part of the country, if Iran does not cancel its decision.

Earlier, Kurdish Change Movement MP Ameen Bakr criticized Baghdad's "silence" for cutting off the water, warning that the river will dry within the coming few days if the Iraqi government did not interfere with the Iranian government.

He disclosed that Iran is building two big dams on this river, but the Iraqi government did not take any action in this regard.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:31 pm