Trump: America has not sought any dialogue with Iran .. And "Zarif" responds: "will not destroy our state"
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump said on Monday that his country had not sought a dialogue with Iran and that if Tehran wanted to negotiate, it would have to take the first step.
[size=13]Trump wrote in a tweet on Twitter that "false news media routinely published false news, without any knowledge of it, that the United States is trying to negotiate with Iran." This is a false report, "without elaborating on which Report specifically speaking.
"Iran will contact us when and when it is ready, and waiting, its economy continues to collapse, I am very sad for the Iranian people," he said. The Trump on Sunday , raising the threat Bngradh which warned that it would be " the official end to Iran" if the United States attacked. "If Iran wants to go to war, that will be the end, " Trump wrote in his e-mail, "Do not threaten the United States again."
For his part, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded to the Trump tirade, saying that the "swearing" of the American president "will not destroy Iran." Tensions between Iran and the United States have grown since the Trump administration put Iran's Revolutionary Guards on the blacklist of "terrorist organizations" and tightened sanctions against Tehran after Washington withdrew from the nuclear deal a year ago.
The level of tension also rose after the United States deployed an aircraft carrier and B-52 bombers in the Gulf last week to counter what Washington said were "threats" emanating from Iran. The Trump administration has ordered the non-essential US diplomatic staff to leave Iraq because of threats from Iraqi armed groups backed by Iran.