Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Armed US Drones Flying Over Iraq

chouchou
    chouchou

Armed US Drones Flying Over Iraq Empty Armed US Drones Flying Over Iraq

Post by chouchou Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:15 am

Pentagon announced Thursday drones equipped with Hellfire missiles will accompany another troop deployment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

U.S. armed drones are now flying over Iraq, a Pentagon official announced Thursday, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Equipped with Hellfire missiles, the predator drones are being deployed from a base in Kuwait to accompany unarmed surveillance flights that include drones as well as manned aircraft. The armed drones will also supplement U.S. military "advisers" on the ground, the official stated.

Meanwhile, the United States has opened a "joint operations center" in Baghdad, boosting the total number of U.S. service members to 500, Pentagon officials revealed in a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] released Thursday.

And according to a New York Times [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] published Wednesday, two Iraqi advisers to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that the U.S. is planning to send more than 1,000 U.S. private security guards to Iraq to protect U.S. troops. This amounts to "far more Americans than previously acknowledged," the Times notes.

The Pentagon's announcement of drone flights come amid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Iran is also sending surveillance drones to Iraq.

Middle East scholar Juan Cole [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that the Obama administration's deployment of special forces military "advisers" to Iraq for intelligence-gathering and other purposes suggest that "Obama is likely paving the way to US drone strikes on ISIS in Iraq."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:00 am