Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi Ambassador Says Government 'Desperately' Needs U.S. Intervention

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Iraqi Ambassador Says Government 'Desperately' Needs U.S. Intervention Empty Iraqi Ambassador Says Government 'Desperately' Needs U.S. Intervention

Post by Bama Diva Tue 01 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

Iraqi Ambassador Says Government 'Desperately' Needs U.S. Intervention

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    on July 01 2014 5:58 PM

The Iraqi Ambassador to the U.S. Lukman Faily called on the U.S. on Tuesday to help the Iraqi army fight the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), by providing weapons to the Iraqi military and by conducting airstrikes on the militant group. Faily claimed that his government was running out of time.

Over the past two weeks, the Sunni militant group has taken over several key cities and has forced hundreds of thousands to flee to Iraqi Kurdistan. On Monday, the group declared it had formed an Islamic caliphate, and vowed to expand its occupation in the region.

“We desperately need US assistance to turn the tide,” Faily said. “We believe that immediate and increased military assistance including targeted airstrikes are crucial to defeat this growing threat. Time is not on our side … further delay benefits only the terrorists.”

The request came at the same time the Iraqi parliament took a weeklong break from negotiating the formation of a new government -- one that was supposed to include all political and ethnic parties and present a unified front against ISIS. But just a few hours into the meeting, Sunni and Kurdish leaders walked out, forcing the country in to political limbo.

This is not the first time the Iraqi government has asked for U.S. support. On June 18, Gen. Martin Dempsey, the senior ranking member of the U.S. armed forces, spoke before the Senate Appropriations Committee, claiming that the U.S. had received a request from the Iraqi government to use its air power in the conflict.
    "We have a request from the Iraqi government for air power," Dempsey said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 1:27 pm