Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Large numbers of Americans support the independence of Kurdistan and Washington made a mistake regar

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Large numbers of Americans support the independence of Kurdistan and Washington made a mistake regar Empty Large numbers of Americans support the independence of Kurdistan and Washington made a mistake regar

Post by Rocky Tue 01 Nov 2022, 5:20 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Large numbers of Americans support the independence of Kurdistan and Washington made a mistake regarding the referendum[/size]

[size=45]John Bolton[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
    [size=45]Former US National Security Adviser John Bolton said that a large number of Americans support the independence of Kurdistan, noting that it is necessary to continue searching for the best ways to achieve this long-awaited goal. He also considered the US withdrawal from the region a "strategic mistake."[/size]
    [size=45]In an interview with Kurdistan 24 channel in Washington, Bolton said in response to a question about Washington's vision and position on the independence of Kurdistan, "There are a large number of Americans who have dealt with the Kurds over the past years... they strongly support an independent Kurdistan."[/size]
    [size=45]He added that there are ways to achieve independence, and one of them is to continue to search for the best ways to achieve the long-awaited goal of declaring independence, but Bolton stressed that neighboring countries do not want this and strongly reject this, referring in particular to Turkey and Iran.[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton described Iran as "a major threat in the Middle East with its pursuit of nuclear weapons and its support for terrorism in the region," and also noted that Turkey has "neo-Ottoman aspirations, and there are terrorist groups that threaten many of our friends" in the Middle East.[/size]
    [size=45]'Strategic mistake'[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton explained that the US and NATO withdrawal from Afghanistan was a "strategic mistake", as well as "another mistake" of the Biden administration making concessions to Tehran last year, at a time when Iran showed "no strategic decision not to seek nuclear weapons."[/size]
    [size=45]He expressed his belief that Iran still represents a "great threat, not only because of the nuclear program but because of its support for terrorism," noting that it "requires a much stronger position from the United States."[/size]
    [size=45]When asked about the US presence in Iraq and the first withdrawal in 2011, Bolton said that "the presence in Iraq, which Obama should not have given up, was a way to see if Iraq could succeed as a nation and to keep pesky outsiders like Iran, Syria and Turkey at bay." “.[/size]
    [size=45]"New Iraq"[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton defended the decision of the American war that toppled Saddam Hussein's regime, and pointed out that the former regime leader was "a threat to world peace and security, and was a threat to his people, especially the Kurds."[/size]
    [size=45]"I don't think we have succeeded in building a new Iraq," Bolton added. It wasn't anything we were going to impose, we just gave them a chance, and I think that's all we had to do."[/size]
    [size=45]He went on to say, "There are different stages, so the war was successful and what came after was not a success," and he justified this to the Iranian intervention and the extension of Tehran's influence in Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]“Concessions and Alternatives”[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton said that there were a lot of bad things that happened after 2003, including the resurgence of al-Qaeda terrorism in various forms and a lot of developments that were actually strange.[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "I will not tell the Kurdish public about the complexity of politics in Iraq, but success as a state in these three different states (which were within) the Ottoman Empire requires political concessions between the national and sectarian components... It could be done, but there was no goodwill from all the players." .[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton also noted that "there are outside forces interfering, and there were no circumstances in which confidence could be built, especially after the US withdrawal in 2011."[/size]
    [size=45]"Our presence cannot guarantee success, but our withdrawal, I think, hastened failure," he added, adding that if Iraq could not succeed as a country, alternatives should be sought.[/size]
    [size=45]And he indicated that one of the reasons for the failure was borne by Washington when it overlooked "the threat posed by Iran, not only because of its support for Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houthis in Yemen, but its desire to interfere in thwarting the formation of an effective Iraqi government."[/size]
    [size=45]“The Kurds fought valiantly.”[/size]
    [size=45]When asked about Trump’s view of the Kurds, Bolton said, “We tried to explain to him (Trump) that the Kurds fought valiantly for their independence for many years and were struggling for decades against Saddam Hussein… and they were helping us decisively against the Assad regime and against Iranian and Hezbollah interference in Syria.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added that Washington "mistakenly" when it did not support the independence referendum of the Kurdistan Region, which was organized in 2017, and said, "When the Kurds voted for independence, there were not many questions about what the answer would be...Some said that the referendum was a bad idea, but I do not agree with that." .[/size]
    [size=45]"Abraham Agreements"[/size]
    [size=45]Bolton said that the US withdrawal from Afghanistan "was a mistake", arguing that America has become "less safe" after terrorist attacks from Afghanistan became possible again.[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "We are now in a more vulnerable position, and this is not the time for further withdrawal from the Middle East. We have seen drastic changes in the region with the Ibrahim Accords and with the extension of full diplomatic relations between Israel and some Arab countries and the threat of Iran has brought former adversaries together."[/size]
    [size=45]In his interview with Kurdistan 24, Bolton indicated that “Israel may attack Iran, and it is attacking it now and other countries in the region, and I think the Iranians understand very well that they are not safer, because Tehran is seeking to obtain nuclear weapons, which makes them more vulnerable.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:00 pm