Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Desertification is eating away at Iraq’s land.. 100 thousand acres are lost annually

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Desertification is eating away at Iraq’s land.. 100 thousand acres are lost annually Empty Desertification is eating away at Iraq’s land.. 100 thousand acres are lost annually

Post by Rocky Today at 5:11 am

Desertification is eating away at Iraq’s land.. 100 thousand acres are lost annually

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-09-23 00:50
    font

Shafaq News/ The head of the Strategic Center for Human Rights in Iraq, Fadhel Al-Gharawi, confirmed on Monday that the country loses 100,000 dunums annually due to climate change, desertification and drought.
    He added in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, that the area of ​​desertified lands in Iraq amounts to about 27 million dunums, which is approximately equivalent to 15 percent of the country's area, while about 55 percent of Iraq's area is considered lands threatened by desertification, indicating that the vegetation cover in Iraq decreased from 50% to 17%.
    He stressed that according to estimates by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, the forest areas in Iraq now constitute only 8,250 square kilometers, or 2% of the total area of ​​the country.
    He added that extreme weather, climate change, sandstorms, scarcity of rain and global warming have contributed to the decline in vegetation cover in Iraq.
    He explained that the lack of vegetation cover contributed to the increase in pollution rates and its direct effects on human health and its direct threat to food security.
    Al-Gharawi called on the government, all governorates, institutions and citizens to launch a campaign to plant 15 billion trees of perennial species that are resistant to climate conditions over the next ten years to compensate for the severe shortage in vegetation cover.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2024, 8:22 am