Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Will New 50,000 Dinar Notes Hurt Low Income Iraqis?

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Will New 50,000 Dinar Notes Hurt Low Income Iraqis? Empty Will New 50,000 Dinar Notes Hurt Low Income Iraqis?

Post by Rocky Fri 15 Jan 2016, 8:25 am

Will New 50,000 Dinar Notes Hurt Low Income Iraqis?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    January 15, 2016 in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was originally published by Niqash. Any opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
    Conflict Currency: Fear That New 50,000 Dinar Notes Will Hurt Low Income Iraqis

Iraq’s Central Bank has issued new 50,000 dinar notes. But it could have a particularly negative impact on low income earners, simply because of Iraqi consumers’ “moodiness”, say economists.
    In Iraq it is not unusual to see locals carrying around large bundles of cash. The way the Iraqi dinar has devalued over the years means that people regularly receive envelopes full of paper money; when very large sales are made, the US dollar is used rather than the dinar.
    Recently the Iraqi Central Bank [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the IQD50,000 note (worth around US$46). The announcement about the bank note had been made in November last year and the new note was released in small amounts in early January. More bank notes will be released over the next few months. Previous to this the IQD25,000 note was the highest denomination.
    For people like Mohammed Mahmoud, the new bank note is a boon. He is a well paid employee of the Iraqi government and the new bank note makes it easier for him to carry his salary around.
    “Previously I used to hide my salary in black bags because I used to get a lot of paper money,” Mahmoud told NIQASH. “Carrying five and ten thousand dinar notes was dangerous because any passerby could see me carrying a lot of money around, every time I got paid and went from my office to my car.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:42 pm