Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Syrian President says Russia Never Asked Him to Leave Office

Lobo
    Lobo

Syrian President says Russia Never Asked Him to Leave Office  Empty Syrian President says Russia Never Asked Him to Leave Office

Post by Lobo Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:43 pm

Syrian President says Russia Never Asked Him to Leave Office

Syrian President says Russia Never Asked Him to Leave Office  F63C81F4-B278-4D62-A6BA-E95C7A5BDB61_w640_r1_s
    FILE - Syrian President Bashar Assad.

VOA News
    July 14, 2016 11:33 AM
    Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said Russia has never asked him to relinquish power as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry heads to Moscow where he is expected to push for a revised cease-fire and roadmap to peace.
    In an interview with NBC News, Assad said neither Russian Foreign Secretary Lavrov or President Vladimir Putin has asked him to give up power despite speculation that a backchannel between Russia and the United States would call for him to leave office.

"The Russian politics is not based on making deals," Assad said.  "It is based on values."
    The Syrian leader said that Russia has never "said a single word" regarding him leaving office.
    "Only the Syrian people define who is going to the president," he said.  "When to come and when to go."
    Reports says Secretary Kerry, who is due in Moscow later Thursday, will discuss with Russia efforts to salvage a cessation of hostilities in Syria , as well as a possible joint military pact to target Islamic State militants in the country.
    A U.S.-led coalition is carrying out air strikes against the extremists in Syria and Iraq and recent months have seen IS lose significant territory.
    In the interview Assad dismissed the US efforts as "not serious".
    "The reality is telling us that since the beginning of the American air strikes the terrorism has been expanding and pervading," Assad said. "It's only shrinked when the Russians intervened."
    "That military ineffectiveness is a reflection of their political will."
    http://www.voanews.com/content/syrian-president-bashar-assad-says-russia-never-asked-him-to-leave-office/3418218.html

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:02 am