Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Snow Day

Lobo
    Lobo

Snow Day Empty Snow Day

Post by Lobo Fri 16 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm

Snow Day Img1l
    Snow Day

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 1
    Here, bartender Natasha David from New York City’s Nitecap shares her recipe for a holiday cocktail subtly spiced with cinnamon and allspice. The recipe makes enough spiced syrup for several cocktails.

Ingredients:

For the spiced syrup:

• 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) granulated sugar
    • 2 cinnamon sticks
    • 2 allspice berries

• 2 oz. (60 ml) Plantation 3 Star Silver Rum or other good-quality dry white rum
    • 3/4 oz. (20 ml) fresh lime juice
    • 1 tsp. orange marmalade, preferably Bonne Maman
    • Lime wedge for garnish

Directions:

To make the spiced syrup, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cinnamon sticks, allspice berries and 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then gently simmer for 10 to 15 minutes; do not let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat, let cool to room temperature and strain, discarding the solids. The syrup can be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a month.

To assemble the drink, in a cocktail shaker, combine the rum, lime juice, orange marmalade and 1/2 oz. (15 ml) of the spiced syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass or coupe, garnish with the lime wedge and serve. Makes 1 drink.

Natasha David, co-owner, Nitecap, New York City, NY

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm