Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Asian-Style Short Ribs

Lobo
    Lobo

Asian-Style Short Ribs Empty Asian-Style Short Ribs

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm

Asian-Style Short Ribs Img16l
    Asian-Style Short Ribs

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Short on time? Prepare these beef short ribs in a pressure cooker and dinner will be ready in just over 30 minutes. Ask your butcher for flanken-cut short ribs, which have been cut across the bone, rather than parallel to it (the latter are called English-style short ribs). The directions below are designed for a stovetop pressure cooker; if you are using an electric pressure cooker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

Ingredients:

• 1 Tbs. sesame oil
    • 2 tsp. minced garlic
    • 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
    • 1 Tbs. chili garlic sauce
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green
        portions, plus more for garnish
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    • 2/3 cup water
    • 3 lb. flanken-cut beef short ribs, each about 1/2 inch thick and 6
        inches long
    • 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
    • Edamame-Scallion Rice for serving

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a stovetop pressure cooker, combine the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce, the 1/4 cup green onions, the honey, soy sauce and water. Add the short ribs, arranging them so they are covered with liquid. Lock the lid into place. Bring the cooker up to high pressure and maintain high pressure for 30 minutes. Quick-release the pressure. Transfer the short ribs to a platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil. 

Skim the excess fat off the sauce. Set the pressure cooker over medium-high heat and simmer the sauce until it is reduced to 1 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the hoisin sauce. Pour the sauce over the short ribs, garnish with sliced green onions and serve immediately with edamame-scallion rice. Serves 6.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:19 am