Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 pm

16/17 Isles Report Cards: Mathew Barzal
    May 1, 2017, 12:33 PM ET [9 Comments]
    Dan Petriw
    New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The 16/17 New York Islander report cards continue today as we focus on the young Mathew Barzal. While there isn’t much to discuss at the NHL level, we still have to break down his play and come up with a grade. Barzal played a total of two games for the New York Islanders in 16/17, where he was held off the score sheet and was a minus 2.

His play reminded me of my freshman year of college and my language placement test. I had just come off of six years of Spanish class including 3 years at the honors level. Well stupid me shows up to Quinnipiac College (I’m so old it wasn’t a University yet) and I take my test for a language placement. The better you do, the higher the class you get placed it. I get done with my test and I see my friend and ask him how he did. He said, perfect I got every question wrong so I will be in Spanish 101. Well, stupid me aced it and ended up in Spanish 330, a senior level class. Well guess what. I wasn’t ready. 10 minutes in my first class, my professor called on me and it was so above my head I asked if she was speaking German. I promptly went back down to Spanish 101 and was fine.

This was Mathew Barzal this season. Tons of potential just not ready for primetime. Although, had Doug Weight been his head coach the entire season, the 2015 first rounder might have received a better chance. Jack Capuano developing a skilled forward is about as productive as letting your 2 year old toddler babysit your newborn and your two year old is blind Jack Russell Terrier.

Barzal has a ton of talent, he just wasn’t ready. He promptly went back to juniors and had a great season posting 79 points in 41 games. He HAS to shoot more in my opinion as only 10 goals doesn’t do it for me. He has a great shot and his playmaking abilities are off the chart, he just has to be more selfish and put the puck on net. I am excited to see what he brings to the Islanders in 17/18 season but for this past season we have to give him an incomplete.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm