Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Sat 08 Apr 2017, 7:08 pm

There is no tomorrow
    April 8, 2017, 4:07 PM ET [69 Comments]
    Noel Fogelman
    New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @thefirstnoel19

The great philosopher Apollo Creed once said "there is no tomorrow" and that totally applies for the New York Islanders as they continue their push for the final playoff berth in the Eastern conference.

The first step in their push is to win tonight against the New Jersey Devils in Newark. The Devils have just two wins in their last ten games. The Islanders have owned the Devils. They are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games against the Devils, including a 7-1-1 in their last nine visits to the Prudential Center.

The Isles have to approach this game the same way as the one in Raleigh Thursday night, score early and often and never look back. If they win tonight, they need help from the Pittsburgh Penguins who are in Toronto. The Maple Leafs are three points ahead of the Isles. There is no tomorrow for the Islanders if the Leafs win.

Further complicating things are the Tampa Bay Lightning, who won in Montreal last night. If the Isles win out and the Lightning defeat the Buffalo Sabres tomorrow, both will finish with 94 points. The Isles will make the playoffs if they win their last two (one ROW and one SO), the Leafs lose their last two (both in regulation), and the Lightning don't beat Buffalo in regulation/overtime. The Bolts do not come into the picture if the Isles will both in regulation/overtime and the Leafs do not get more than one point either tonight and tomorrow against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Nikolai Kulemin returns after being out of the lineup since March 24. He will replace Connor Jones. They now have 12 healthy forwards and one of them is being scratched so Thomas Hickey can play winger. Just don't get it.

Jaroslav Halak will start again for the Islanders. Halak has basically gotten the Isles to this point. He hasn't lost a start since being recalled from Bridgeport. I'm going to hold off my criticism of general manager Garth Snow until the season is over.

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 4:47 am