Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

First Iraqi report on killing journalists

jedi17
    jedi17

First Iraqi report on killing journalists Empty First Iraqi report on killing journalists

Post by jedi17 Tue 30 May 2017, 7:43 am

First Iraqi report on killing journalists
    12:52 PM ADMIN

Baghdad / Iraq TradeLink: The Iraqi authorities have produced and delivered its first report on the killing of journalists and judicial follow-up. In this report, the Iraqi authorities confirm that 125 journalists have been killed in Iraq since 2006.

The report also provides comprehensive information on the circumstances, legal investigations and judicial follow-up on each case.

"This report is a very important milestone for the protection of freedom of expression and press freedom in particular in Iraq. We welcome this achievement and look forward to continue working with the Iraqi authorities and the media profession to further strengthen respect for freedom of expression in the country”, said Louise Haxthausen, Director of the UNESCO Iraq Office.

“We are at a turning point, where Iraq is stepping up its efforts to ensure the safety of journalists. We are and remain fully committed to make information on the killing of journalists public and to promote enhanced judicial follow-up”, added Deputy-Minister of Justice Dr. Hussain Al Zuhairi.

In the report, the members of the committee have stressed their commitment to the new reporting process and provided recommendations on how to further strengthen its work. “This report is an important first step. Based on the recommendations, we will now work together to promote strengthened safety of journalists through awareness-raising, monitoring, continuous reporting, as well as the development of capacities for legal investigations and judicial follow up”, concluded Dr. Hamid Khalaf, PMAC Deputy Chair.

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 3:19 pm