Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Blaskhart: The Sudanese government needs time, and no one can expect miracles from it

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Blaskhart: The Sudanese government needs time, and no one can expect miracles from it Empty Blaskhart: The Sudanese government needs time, and no one can expect miracles from it

Post by Rocky Wed 15 Mar 2023, 7:36 am

Blaskhart: The Sudanese government needs time, and no one can expect miracles from it
    • Time: 03/15/2023 14:58:22

• Read: 390 times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

{Politics: Al Furat News} The Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert, said that "no one can expect the new government, this government, to achieve miracles overnight."
    "It takes time to deal with the enormous legacy of Iraq's past and the many challenges of the present," Blaskhart mentioned in his speech at the Sulaymaniyah Forum held today.
    "Certainly, Iraq overcame some of the major short-term stumbling blocks that it was facing immediately after Saddam's removal, but since that time, the country has faced a wide range of destabilizing events and trends, both internally and externally, to name a few: starting with Deadly sectarian violence, the fight against ISIS and armed groups operating outside the control of the state, the rivalry between various external powers to the COVID-19 pandemic, the massive environmental challenges and the negative impacts of climate change.
    And Plasschaert continued, "Now we find that these events that took place over the past twenty years not only exacerbated the current weaknesses inherited from previous decades, but also revealed new weaknesses, in other words, while Iraq has passed through its history dark and difficult times." Very much, the instability factors in the country's recent past remain, to a large extent, the same - which has led to a pattern of recurring crises."
    And she stressed that "Iraq possesses enormous potential, and painting a rising picture of a sense of doom is not my goal here at all, therefore, I stress once again: The approval of the new Iraqi government, which was recently led by Prime Minister Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani, provides a very important opportunity, an opportunity to restore the country." to the path of stability.
    And she noted that, "In my most recent briefing to the United Nations Security Council in early February, I mentioned that the Iraqi government had expressed its determination to address a number of pressing issues, however, it is still early, of course, so I can only confirm once again that any A government needs some time to get things done, and also, for any government to make tangible progress, broad support - whether that be from within or outside the coalition - is a prerequisite.
    And the UN representative stated, "The kind of profound change that we need now requires a firm commitment from a wide range of actors. And certainly, it also requires placing the national interest above all considerations, and in return, the Iraqi people need to see progress being achieved (slowly but surely)." For all Iraqis – including women, minorities and youth.”
    “They need to see that inclusion and equality are not just words spoken in speeches but treated as imperatives,” Plasschaert said. “They need to see that civic space is not restricted but allowed to flourish, ensuring freedom of expression. They They need to make sure that justice and accountability are ensured for all – regardless of affiliation or background, and they need to see that creating an enabling and inclusive environment is at the heart of any policy or legislation.”
    And she pointed out that, "First of all, as the former Prime Minister explained, the Cabinet approved the federal budget for the year 2023, and this is really good news, and of course, Parliament still has to approve it, and of course, without a budget approved by Parliament, the implementation of the government's program It will be long overdue - including the provision of public services."
    "More importantly, high oil prices cannot keep the country afloat. Likewise, sustainable job creation cannot be achieved through hyperinflation of the public sector. Economic and fiscal reforms are urgently needed," she stressed.
    And the UN envoy stressed that “efforts to combat systemic corruption in Iraq should go beyond individuals or events. The system that was established after 2003 simply cannot continue, and if left as it is, it will backfire again. In addition, the many issues The relationship between Baghdad and Erbil requires the establishment of institutional relations, and in the absence of that, a few will improve, not all."
    "What I'm basically saying is, there is no time to lose, and yes, like any other country, Iraq will be tested - sooner or later. But the fear is that if action is not taken quickly, Iraq will fail this test," she emphasized. .
    And she pointed out, "It is important to anchor the country in the stability it needs to withstand future shocks. For this to happen, we must learn collectively from history - and recent history at the same time - to avoid repeating it, and we sincerely hope that Iraq will be able - by relying on its enormous wealth, diversity and opportunities." And his potential - now, and thus enabled, to move forward successfully."
    "After 20 years, the country deserves to overcome the endless cycles of instability and fragile situations," Plasschaert added, noting that "Iraqis are well aware of the life they were promised after Saddam. After two decades, they deserve better. It's that simple, and I I am convinced that we can all still look forward to that promising future.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:11 pm